Esteemed Contributor

She's Got Good Genes!!!

[ Edited ]

Chef Babette Davis: Making 67 Look Simply Delicious! | BlackDoctor

Cheff Babette Davis is 72 years old.  She is a Vegan and has been for 32 years.  She credits her veganism and fit lifestyle for her young look.  About two years ago, she did a photo spread in a bathing suite and heels for a Magazine.

While, she looks spectacular for her age, I am of the opinion that Veganism is not the only factor that's playing a role in her youthful look.  Genes do most of the work.  What we do in conjunction, is the cherry on top!

Chef Babette Davis: Making 67 Look Simply Delicious! | BlackDoctor

Babette Davis Vegan Athlete Chef - LAIKA

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

My daughter was a personal trainer before becoming a nurse practitioner and she let me know who this woman is..."see mom, your a runner so just add more to your workout and you can look like this...and you're younger than her". Bless her heart.  Yeah I'm tall and small, but it looks like this chick works out daily and I know this because my daughter looks like her...and she works out every day of the week, but is not vegan.  

This is a lifetime of being faithful to your workout and she looks amazing.  I work out, but not like that...beautiful woman 

Honored Contributor

Aside from working out and eating healthy I too believe good genes enter into her looking that good!  

Honored Contributor

Martha Stewart, age 81

69714029-5AD1-43AD-9AFF-A76E4D6308F9.jpeg
The photo soon went viral, and while many praised her smooth complexion, radiance, and confidence, others, of course, shared their doubts and insisted she admit to plastic surgery.

"You look amazing but be honest about your facial regimen. Using Botox, fillers, laser treatments, etc. to help enhance your beauty it's not just diet, exercise and facials," one person wrote.

"No Photoshop, just hundreds of thousands spent for plastic surgery, Botox, Restylane, fillers, and more. I would have a lot more respect for this post if you think your plastic surgeon because he or she did a great job, and you are lucky enough to be able to afford all of this," another commented.

Stewart did not stay silent amid the criticism, and instead responded with three more no-filter selfies featuring her famous sexy pout—plus a glimpse into her skin care and wellness routines.

"These are the other three selfies I took. My expression was better in the first one but my skin looks great in all of them. Un filtered. No face lift," Stewart wrote in her post caption. "Great derms my whole life. Currently dr Daniel Belkin and dr Dhaval Bhanusali great diet. Great exercise and did I mention amazing facials @mariobadescu for the last forty years."

So what do you think? Has she had help, or just good genes and good dermatologists?   Smiley Wink     

Honored Contributor

I'm 64 and have abs and muscles, but I have no muscle definition. Maybe I would get it if I worked out EVERY day, but I'm not doing that.  Even so, since I'm only 5'2" tall and my bone structure is wide, I would never look like this.  I can thank my genes for that I guess.  But, I just got another good report from my annual physical, so there's that and I really can't credit that to good genes.  My Mother died at about my age of Ovarian cancer and while my Dad lived to 84 he had a lot of health issues, heart and diabetes to start.  He didn't let them slow him down though until the end.

Esteemed Contributor
She’s beautiful but might have received some additional help from photoshop…..looks like it to me.
Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:
She’s beautiful but might have received some additional help from photoshop…..looks like it to me.

@Goldengate8361 Nope.  I just discovered this senior beauty on the Tamron Hall show, doing a floor plank Heels.  Check for footage on youtube.

She's that "real chick."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

Re: She's Got Good Genes!!!

[ Edited ]

Martha Stewart - great picture.  However Martha does present on QVC from time to time and I remember when she had a clothing line here - she didn't look that good years ago so I'm doubting that its only good dermatologists (suspect its also good plastic surgeons!) 

There is simply no way she would look better at age 81 than in her sixties. 

Honored Contributor

Last time I saw Martha Stewrt on TV she didn't look that young.  That particular picture looks like the shape of her face is skewed too.  

Honored Contributor

During my physical therapy session a few weeks ago, I met a lady who was 102 years old.  She was wearing tight spandex leggings and a sweatshirt.

When I first saw her from afar, I thought she was a young tall woman.  She had the body of an 18 year old who was in shape

When she came over to where I was working out, I heard her physical therapist discussing her age.  She caught my attention.  Up close, I would have guessed this lady to be a young 60.  

Unbelievable...some people do have great genes. Others, not so much.  Even if they work out, they never achieve a youthful body or smooth skin.