Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Chef Babette Davis: Making 67 Look Simply Delicious! | BlackDoctor

Cheff Babette Davis is 72 years old.  She is a Vegan and has been for 32 years.  She credits her veganism and fit lifestyle for her young look.  About two years ago, she did a photo spread in a bathing suite and heels for a Magazine.

While, she looks spectacular for her age, I am of the opinion that Veganism is not the only factor that's playing a role in her youthful look.  Genes do most of the work.  What we do in conjunction, is the cherry on top!

Babette Davis Vegan Athlete Chef - LAIKA

~~~~~~~~~~

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!    WHATTA BODY!!

@gertrudecloset   ????

Are these pics of Cheff Babette Davis in her 70s??    If so, AMAZING!

I CAN NOT remember ANY woman with ABS like that! (let alone body!)

YIKES!!  I'm GREEN with ENVY!!! 

There's A WHOLE LOTTA hard wrk there!        Congrats  Ms Davis!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Cheff Babette Davis is 72 years old.  She is a Vegan and has been for 32 years.  She credits her veganism and fit lifestyle for her young look.  About two years ago, she did a photo spread in a bathing suite and heels for a Magazine.

While, she looks spectacular for her age, I am of the opinion that Veganism is not the only factor that's playing a role in her youthful look.  Genes do most of the work.  What we do in conjunction, is the cherry on top!

Babette Davis Vegan Athlete Chef - LAIKA

~~~~~~~~~~

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!    WHATTA BODY!!

@gertrudecloset   ????

Are these pics of Cheff Babette Davis in her 70s??    If so, AMAZING!

I CAN NOT remember ANY woman with ABS like that! (let alone body!)

YIKES!!  I'm GREEN with ENVY!!! 

There's A WHOLE LOTTA hard wrk there!        Congrats  Ms Davis!!

Yes it is @MakeUpMaidn .  I was on youtube checking for stuff from a few I follow and came upon a small segment of the Tamron Hall show.  Chef Babbette was there.  She came out in a nice fitted dress and heels.  I don't know that she was 72 when she did the photo shoot, but she is 72 today (as I write this).  After I saw that segment I found more info about her.  

Some people have good genes.  Really.....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Beverly Johnson is 72 and she still looks pretty decent.  Can't speak to if she had work done or not..........

Actor`s page Beverly Johnson, 13 October 1952, Buffalo, New York, USA ...

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Exercise, diet, stress management out weigh the genes.  Yes, vegan contributes to age defying results....I know!  Go Chef Davis!🔥

Honored Contributor

Yes, both of these ladies are lovely and do look a lot younger than their age.  I am sure they have taken good care of their bodies and skin.  I would, however, love to see them for real!  I bet neither one of them looks as good as these photos make them look! Genetics and care are very important.  If they have gotten some fillers or botox, good for them.  I don't know if they have gotten anything extra done or not.  Good lighting in pictures does a lot, too.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

The picture of Martha Stewart posted sure doesn't look like the Martha who has appeared on various tv shows recently. 

Reminds me of the show years ago, "Will the Real Martha, Please Stand Up."

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Re: She's Got Good Genes!!!

[ Edited ]

I've eaten at her restaurant, Stuff I eat, in Inglewood, CA and the food was amazing!

ernestine.jpg

This is Ernestine Shephard at 85. If you read her story including her family history, you know she looks the way she does despite her genes, not because of them.

People who don't work out or eat right seem to attribute looking amazing to great genes, and people who do attribute it to hard work.😂

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

Babette Davis does have good genes. She looks great! I think the photos are touched up a bit, though. 

Martha Stewart is attractive, but the photo shown in this thread doesn't look like her.  The picture seems to be angled and photoshopped to make the person look better. Not believing the pictures of Martha Stewart are natural; they seem more deceptive. Try another photo of her that seems more natural, not the ones already shown. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: She's Got Good Genes!!!

[ Edited ]

Martha looks very good!! But do believe did she had work done or filters used for the photos-- and whoever did it was very talented--and who cares if she did? Really---if I had the $$$ to do some work--I'd do it in a New York minute!! And who says she has to fess up to having work done or not!!! I'd not say a word either way--no ones business!!!

As for Miss Cheff--absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Martha Stewart, age 81

69714029-5AD1-43AD-9AFF-A76E4D6308F9.jpeg
The photo soon went viral, and while many praised her smooth complexion, radiance, and confidence, others, of course, shared their doubts and insisted she admit to plastic surgery.

"You look amazing but be honest about your facial regimen. Using Botox, fillers, laser treatments, etc. to help enhance your beauty it's not just diet, exercise and facials," one person wrote.

"No Photoshop, just hundreds of thousands spent for plastic surgery, Botox, Restylane, fillers, and more. I would have a lot more respect for this post if you think your plastic surgeon because he or she did a great job, and you are lucky enough to be able to afford all of this," another commented.

Stewart did not stay silent amid the criticism, and instead responded with three more no-filter selfies featuring her famous sexy pout—plus a glimpse into her skin care and wellness routines.

"These are the other three selfies I took. My expression was better in the first one but my skin looks great in all of them. Un filtered. No face lift," Stewart wrote in her post caption. "Great derms my whole life. Currently dr Daniel Belkin and dr Dhaval Bhanusali great diet. Great exercise and did I mention amazing facials @mariobadescu for the last forty years."

So what do you think? Has she had help, or just good genes and good dermatologists?   Smiley Wink     

Isn't it ironic with all the things Martha Stewart has accomplished in life, she is promoting her "appearance" at the age of 81. I would hope that the next generation teach their girls that there is a lot more important things to be proud of than physical appearance..especially 81 year old women bragging about their face.🥺🥺