Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I put my faith in God and remind myself that there is a plan for me now. Live in the moment, let go and place your worries in His hands.

I Believe this also.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I put my faith in God and remind myself that there is a plan for me now. Live in the moment, let go and place your worries in His hands.

THIS

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Self talk ...

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat wrote:

After a mammogram I've been called back for more advanced imaging and an ultrasound.  What do you say to yourself to calm your worries and fears?

Step 2 -  Another mammogram and ultrasound today.

Step 3 -  Scheduled a biopsy.

Thank you all for your help.  I will try and remain calm and practice positive thinking.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just went through this in October. I was called back and had to have another mammogram and also a breast ultrasound. I understand the fear and anxiety because that's exactly what I felt too, but was told that I have very dense breast tissue and the doctor said he felt there was less than a 2% chance that it was cancer. I'll have to go back every 6 months for a mammogram for 2 years but I'm ok with that.

Trusted Contributor
@shy bobcat

Hang in there. You'll get through this. Your frame of mind sounds good.👍❤
Valued Contributor

Re: Self talk ...

[ Edited ]

@bobby5 wrote:
@shy bobcat

Hang in there. You'll get through this. Your frame of mind sounds good.👍❤

Thank you @bobby5   I'm trying to remain calm while worried thoughts are more frequent since a biopsy was scheduled following the ultrasound.  It's been five days since  the repeat mammogram and ultrasound and it feels like a month.  Biopsy is tomorrow and then more waiting ... ugh.

Family members have had cancer so my positive self talk seems to be getting my mind ready for a journey that I care not to take and that is part of my worry but, I'll take a deep breath and carry on.

Trusted Contributor
@shy bobcat

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow👍