Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone else get seasonal headaches?  It's not so much that it hurts bad, it's just a lot of pressure on my forehead and eyes.  Not pleasant, but I can tolerate it.

We've had so many cloudy days and rain.  Go thru this every spring and fall.

Not dying or anything like that Smiley Happy.  It's more annoying than anything else.  So happy it's nothing major Smiley Happy  I am blessed.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like allergies? In the fall it may be SAD with the shorter days, as well. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 I am having those same headaches lately. I do have allergies and am constantly fighting off a sinus infection. I think that is part of the cause, but I believe the spring and fall unsettled temps and humity levels contribute to the problem.

Another contributing factor is my TMJ. I grind my teeth and wear an appliance to prevent that. I have managed to break two teeth, and have head aches and pains.

I hope you get past the aches and pains season and can enjoy the warm moths ahead.

Valued Contributor

I don't have a lot of info since I don't get seasonal headaches but I just got an email today about peppermint oil for headaches.  You might want to research that.  It would be a simple fix if it works.

Respected Contributor

You're having sinus pressure and pain from allergies to pollen. Sudafed will stop that if you can take it. I take it only as needed and first thing in the morning as it tends to keep me awake.

Honored Contributor

My allergies have been terrlbe the last week or so.  The other day my eyes were so itchy and I had a terrlbe sinus headache.  

I put some lemon oil in my diffuser and that helped a lot.  

I usually don't get spring allergies, but this year seems to be brutal for many people. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Seasonal headaches

[ Edited ]

I suffer from sinus headaches, including sinus migraines.  I can predict when it's going to rain better than the weatherman.  

I'm in Ohio and our weather will often go from very cold to warm and back down to very cold and that will trigger a sinus headache for me as well. 

I have heard that spring allergies are horrible this year.  Today and tomorrow the pollen count is supposed to be fairly high.  I never suffered from allergies until about 5 or 6 years ago.  That will cause me to become congested which will in turn cause pressure in my head, behind my eyes and on my cheeks. 

Honored Contributor

There's little OTC I can take due to my heart meds & high blood pressure meds but Flonase helps generally when I use it daily.

There are times I need more.   Promethazine helps but it makes me drowsy so I can only take it at night

Respected Contributor

Sounds like sinus pressure. Try Flonase spray, Sudafed, Neti pot, steam in shower. I also use Polaris, 

and Boroleum in nostrils 2x daily.

All of the above are otc, the Sudfed shouldn't be used too often,  maybe a few times a month---so there is no rebound.

GOOD LUCK. Since I do this daily no more sinus infections which I used to get at least 2x yearly.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like allergies.  I get itchy eyes, a runny nose and blocked ears every April and May.