Super Contributor

Scared- growths on upper ear lobe

I have two growths on my ear lobe pinna. It is very sore and fills up with blood. I went to the doctor a year ago a urgent care doctor because I fell and she noticed my ear has a sore on it so she ordered antibiotics oral and cream. Now it looks worse a year later and terrified it's something bad. I know where this started- two years ago my puppy was playing And bit my ear. I didn't think it was anything to worry about but it had been sensitive ever since. I am going to my doctor and going to get a referral for a dermatologist but I am scared that I didn't go in sooner. I am getting sick over this thinking I have cancer. You can stick a needle in the are of the growth and I feel no pain when the needle goes in but just blood comes out. It's like a hard callus that built up. I have anxiety issues and I am going crazy. I need to calm down but going to the doctor terrifies me that he is going to find out its something really bad.
Super Contributor

Re: Scared- growths on upper ear lobe

If it is something "really bad," they'll remove it and your life will go on, same as before.

Think positive.

Honored Contributor

Take a deep breath, make an appt with a dermatologist. You should not continue to put yourself through this misery. Sending good thoughts your way.
Super Contributor

Thanks ladies, I am hoping its not melanoma. Trying to calm down
Super Contributor

Thanks ladies, I am hoping its not melanoma. Trying to calm down
Honored Contributor

I have a flesh colored growth on my ear lobe. It has been there for several years. I think maybe it is a callus from years of using hot rollers. It does not worry me, but is not sore, and does not bleed. You will feel much better when you get it checked.
Honored Contributor

You will feel much better once you have this checked. Whatever it is, you will deal with it and go on. Do not let fear keep you from taking care of this. Best wishes to you that all is well.

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's something as simple as scar tissue from where the dog bit your ear. Try not to worry until you know what you're dealing with.

Honored Contributor

firestripes, I'm sorry you're worried and anxious.

First, remember fear and anxiety are normal emotions. Next, realize in this case they're a reaction to a bona fide need: your body's telling you to get assistance and resolve a problem. Then, take actions: make an appointment with a trusted physician and go find out exactly what's what.

Remember, knowledge and action are power. Hoping or worrying can't change what is. Right now you're dealing with the unknown and that's usually much more upsetting than reality. While you await your visit with the doctor, try to use anything that works for you to ease anxiety, whether it be deep breathing, exercise, prayer, meditation, listing to music, whatever works for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you'll let us know how you are.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Please leave the area alone until you see your doctor. My guess is it's an infection and you made it worse if you're sticking needles in it. Don't put anything on it. Antibiotic creams can make skin infections worse.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.