Honored Contributor

Noticed comments about getting samples. In many states samples are neither available or given out.

My Mom would always ask for samples.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I didn't see the comments, were they regarding prescription samples?

Obviously Schedule I & II should not be given out but I always ask for a sample of something new my physician has asked me to take.  He literally has a closet full of samples.   And in his office he has all the drugs you see every day on TV ads.

I have multiple diagnoses & it's very common for me to take meds for one diagnosis but it negatively affects a different one.   Why should I pay for a full script when samples are available. 

Every now & then my physician will give me my BP meds out of the closet.   They are expensive, can't tolerate the cheap stuff.   I don't even have to ask.   He just says "follow me" & we go to the closet.

Honored Contributor

DH says manuf. are just not giving them out.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

There are some doctors still giving out samples but most have been new drugs on the market. I use to receive samples all the time...some I would use while other I would not. The last couple of appointments my mom attended she was given samples and then the doctor wrote her the prescription if the samples worked.