Trusted Contributor

Safety Goggles for Eye Protection

Just wondered if anyone else had purchased safety goggles to protect their eyes? They are advising us to wear a mask when out of our homes but what if someone sneezed or coughed around us or even if we just, without even thinking, touched our eyes. Couldn't the virus enter our bodies that way? I ordered 3 pairs of goggles yesterday. They can be sanitized with alcohol wipes or spray and be worn again and again. I wore an old pair of sunglasses when I was in the grocery store/pharmacy yesterday.
Valued Contributor

Re: Safety Goggles for Eye Protection

I purchased a couple of pairs of clear lens, wrap-around glasses today to wear to the grocery store.   I figure you can't be too careful out there in the wild.

Trusted Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza, that was a great idea! I wish I had thought of that! Sounds much less cumbersome than the goggles!!😃
Valued Contributor

@ - hooked on books - i found them on Amazon.  I think they were about $10.00 apiece  Just look for safety glasses :  )

Honored Contributor

One almost feels that they need to have one of those face shields that you see medical professionals wear.

Valued Contributor

@ haddon9 - I wouldn't mind wearing one of them, too!  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm on board with wearing a face shield!!! Whatever it takes and with the way things keep changing, it may just come to that for everyone!
Honored Contributor

For me, safety goggles are a no; I will just stay home, period.   

Frequent Contributor

I, have the clear type as well. But, i decided to buy white swim goggles, a plastic duck with clear plastic around it, and a head umbrella. I, know you might think that i have a few bolts loose. But, the beauty of it is people think that i'm crazy, so they stay away from me. Now, no need for the six feet away, because they go to another isle, and i have the store to myself. Every once in awhile i pretend like i'm in my swimming pool, move my arms. They move away so fast, and i have the dry goods to myself, and life is great.

Honored Contributor

It won't be long before we need to wear hazmat suits to the supermarket.  Best to buy one now before Amazon is sold out.