Honored Contributor

Re: SIL and BIL receiving vaccine

@Mindy D wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Just found out that my sister in law and brother in law received their 1st dose of the vaccine weeks ago and are getting 2nd shot this week. They are in their 70's and the state where they live are only vaccinating 80 and above. When I asked her how they were able to get it she said they "cheated" and said they were caregivers.  They are not.  Everyday in the hospital we have people come in and give heartbreaking stories about themselves or their elderly parents and why they need the vaccine. We have to turn them away because it's not available to the public yet. I am very upset that my SIL and BIL would do this. They are not the type of people, I thought, who would. They just received doses that could have gone to two 80 plus people who are eligible. Sorry, just had to get this off my chest.

@LuvmyLab @Where I live, in S. Florida, you must show your photo ID three different times before they vaccinate you. 

Showing your photo ID doesn't prove you are a caregiver which is what her SIL & BIL did.

QVC Customer Care
Valued Contributor

They did, but many of the facilities were needing to close for a day, shorten hours or reschedule as they were not reveiving the vaccine they expected. I am due to receive the second this week.

Trusted Contributor

Amanda Kloots(Broadway star Nick Cordero's wife) got her vaccine on Friday & took a lot of heat for jumping the line. She clarified later that she waited in line for leftover vaccines at vaccine site closing. Didn't know that it was an option. If your BMI is high you can get a vaccine, some of my colleagues got it that way.