Super Contributor

Re: Anyone want to join me in a weight loss goal Starting January 1, 2018?

Hello,

I’d like to join as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in, along with my husband, but he won't be part of the group.  We won't be starting on January 1st, as we are making every effort to work our way through the 2nd freezer in the garage of forbidden things for dinners, etc.  Plus, I need to get up into one cabinet where I store baking things like chocolate chips, etc. and give that sort of consummable to a neighbor.  Just can't have it in the house, because one of my challenges is snacking.

Starting a program or campaign on January 1st is a great idea, as I stopped smoking years ago on January 1st and it worked great.  It's really good to have a mantra as well that you can repeat to yourself when things get tough.  That's what really got me though my own smoking cessation.

After much research, we're doing "The Mayo Clinic Diet" and received the 2017 edition and journal yesterday, with used recipe book to follow.  I opted for the recipe book, so this isn't done helter-skelter.  It's a 1200 calorie food plan, so I've got to count right down to each calorie and know the recipes will help immensely.

I plan for this to be an 18-24 month plan, prior to maintenance, as my goal is to lose the 38 Depakote lbs, in addition to 12 more for a total of a 50 lb loss.

As was done some years ago, we plan to take one day a week "off," then right back on.

Looking forward to the journey and support.

Valued Contributor

I'm in, but will be starting on January 4th.  My husband is a New Year's baby, so there will be cake.

I am going to attempt to follow the new WW Freestyle program.  I have PCOS and that makes losing weight difficult.  Below freezing temperatures in Pittsburgh  will make it not exactly conducive to walking, but I will try.

I'm looking forward to taking this journey with everyone.  We can and will do this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to join in.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  What a great idea.  I hope to join you but not until February.   I ordered the Mayo Clinic book you mentioned.  When I saw my doc in June he said I should lose 2-3 lbs/month.  Well, I think I gained 2-3 lbs/month since then.  But I definitely plan to be serious  and perhaps even lose a pound or two in January.

I just need to get started.  Thanks for posting this thread.

Hi: I want to join...

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I am starting a plant based diet - both to lose weight and to improve health and energy.

Regular Contributor

Re: SEE NEW UPDATE THREAD!.....Anyone want to join me in a weight loss goal Starting January 1, 20

[ Edited ]

I would like to join too, having some accountability will be great. I have already signed up for a 2 month workout plan and eating wise I really need to increase plant based food with each meal.

My weight loss goal is to lose about 6 lbs per month.

Honored Contributor

Re: SEE NEW UPDATE THREAD!.....Anyone want to join me in a weight loss goal Starting January 1, 20

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer @clarika   See the new  thread posted this morning:   2018 Commit to be Fit Challenge.