Esteemed Contributor

SEA BUCKTHORN - who recommended this?

I think this is starting to work for me (feminine issues) and I want to thank you!

I ordered the SIBU brand from Amazon and was wondering what brand you use to compare.  It isn't inexpensive, however, I have wasted so much $$ trying other things and this seems to be doing the trick.  I have just about completed one bottle and it is time to reorder.

I hope the person that recommended this, sees this, and answers my post.  I would also be interested if anyone else has tried this?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: SEA BUCKTHORN - who recommended this?

I use Sibu sea buckthorn skin products, and love them.    I have bought them on Hautelook.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, I was the one who suggested Sea Buckthorn softgels for feminine dryness. I have been taking 4 of these a day for the last few years now. Remember it is the berry oil, not the seed oil that is recommended for this issue, the berry oil has Omega 7 oil in it and that is what helps to lubricate membranes from the inside . I use NuHealth Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil, get it on ebay usually from a seller named tommyhealth , he usually has the best price and free shipping. If I can be of any more help, please let me know, Shel

Super Contributor

I recommended it for vaginal dryness and dry eyes. i use Seabuck Wondes Pure Himalayan brand and it will always be a part of my vitamin regime. The benefits are great!       

Valued Contributor

I suffer with the same symptoms and this sounds worth trying.  I wonder if there is anything that would interfere with taking Fish Oil supplements, the Omega 3 stuff.

Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I suffer with the same symptoms and this sounds worth trying.  I wonder if there is anything that would interfere with taking Fish Oil supplements, the Omega 3 stuff.

Any thoughts?

No interference, in fact, Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil contains Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle@NeNe1010  Thank you so much for the recommendations.  I began using this in August.  I started with 2 a day for one month and then 1 a day.  I just reordered (it is one made from berries) and I will up the dose when I get it.  I began noticing the difference around 3 weeks ago.  It isn't a quick fix, but the problem of dryness didn't happen overnight either.  I am on bioidentical hormones and the amount I have to use to solve the problem just causes other problems.  I think this is going to do the trick!  Thank you!

I am curious about what it can do topically.  Any recommendations or testimonies on what it has done for you?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Hello, I did buy a bottle of the actual oil, tried using it topically in the feminine area, but it is a bright orangey -red color and stains everything  including skin, so I quickly nixed that idea. You can apply Vitamin E oil topically or a daily fem moisturizer, I like Aloe Cadabra, all natural ingredients. I was planning on reducing to 2 softegels daily, but I just never did, dont want to chance it. It is safe to take up to 4, I take 2 in the morning, 2 in afternoon. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Trusted Contributor

I recommend webmd.com to research supplements such as this before you decide to take it.

A friend recently insisted that my dh take a supplement that included this ingredient. He argued with me when I suggested that we research it first. Lo and behold, sea buckthorn can cause bleeding in people with certain disorders. My dh has battled multiple myeloma for eight years and his platelets are very low as a side effect of his cancer treatments. This supplement could be disastrous for him.

There seems to be a lack of awareness that supplements can have side effects as serious as any pharmaceutical drug. One must do some serious homework before deciding to take this stuff.

Here is the webmd link for sea buckthorn:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-765-sea%20buckthorn.aspx?activeingredientid...

Trusted Contributor

I realize I revived an old thread, but perhaps someone can receive some good info from my post.

Stay healthy, everyone!