Regular Contributor

Does anyone know anything about the robotic knee replacement surgery?

Honored Contributor

@jagk

Your question makes it sound like a robot does the knee surgery.   An ortho surgeon is still doing the surgery, just using the robotic equipment for steady and precise assisting.  

Honored Contributor

We ran into my husband's old boss about a month ago.  He had Robotic knee surgery on both knees on the same day. He said both knees were done in about three hours.

He was telling me how great it was and that he was up and walking the next day with only the use of a cane and was walking unassisted a few days later.    He said the robotic arm was guided and assisted by a computer program with CT capabilities.

I have two angry knees and I am planning to get a consultation with the doctor who did his surgery.  He is about an hour from me and works out of a hospital about 1.5 hours away.

I don't know know if I am a candidate for this type of surgery, but I am interested.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I know the surgeon does the surgery. It's the tool he uses.Sorry if I didn't word it the right way.

Honored Contributor

@jagk   No need to apologize.  You worded it the right way.

Trusted Contributor
I wish I could have waited for Robotic Knee Replacement! I had both knees done 9 months apart about 9 years ago and it was terribly painful with a very, very long recovery each time. There have been so many great advances over the past few years and patients seem to be up and around and feeling good very shortly after their surgeries!! Wishing anyone undergoing knee replacement surgery the very best of luck for a quick, and painless as possible, recovery!!!😀