Regular Contributor

Does anyone suffer from restless leg syndrome, and if so, exactly what does it feel like? I think I'm beginning to have this problem - I get "pulses" in my legs and have to move them to relieve the feeling. I'm wondering if I have low potassium or if perhaps it's from some medication I'm taking? Any help is appreciated!

Honored Contributor

I get up and take Ibprofen.

Honored Contributor

I don't know but have heard many people placing a bar of ivory soap between the sheets & say it really works. It's worth a try if you are dealing with this. I'm sure you will get some more responses from people that actually have it.

Super Contributor

Sounds like restless leg. You need to check with your dr to make sure that's what it is for sure.

You can try drinking tonic water which has a small amount of quinine in it. When I'm dehydrated or low in minerals, specifically magnesium and potassium I get restless leg. So, also try a mineral supplement at bedtime or low sugar gator aid.

Super Contributor

Iron deficiency can be another cause. My ex had it, in his case I think it was genetic, since his mother had it too.

Respected Contributor

Do you drink carbonated drinks? Take sinus medicine? I have read that those can be triggers.

Regular Contributor

I do drink Diet Pepsi from time to time - not every day. I've noticed this usually starts right before I want to go to bed. I'll be okay all day and then it suddenly ""hits"" at night.

Super Contributor
My dr prescribed Pramipexole tab. 0.125MG, one a day at nite. And it works.
Super Contributor
On 6/21/2014 Rocker said: My dr prescribed Pramipexole tab. 0.125MG, one a day at nite. And it works.

That's what I take as well, but at a higher dose. Restless leg is one of the syndromes it works on - it works on neuromuscular issues.

Honored Contributor

Antidepressants can trigger this too, if you're on one of those.