Regular Contributor

Has anyone ever used repatha for cholesterol? How did it work and side effects?

Trusted Contributor

My brother uses it. His body seems to manufacture cholesterol and over time he has acquired 7 stents! The threat of further vessel/cardiac damage justified this expensive medication. 

Since he started the Repatha injections, his cholesterol levels (I’m sure it’s the LDL) has dropped dramatically. His cardio doctor says he’s now at levels more likely found in children. He’s suffered no side effects and has no trouble working the injections and he feels quite good at age 71.

He is very deliberate in his health regimens, eating very carefully to further protect his cholesterol levels, taking a vigorous walk daily, and keeping medical appointments to confirm ongoing improvement through physical examinations and blood tests. I’m sure that because this is very expensive medication, he is committed to using it with serious effort to do all he can to support it with lifestyle, too. 

There’s no question Repatha has been highly effective to correct my brother’s cholesterol levels. He reports no negative side effects or discomfort taking this drug. He commits to a purposeful diet and exercise and regular medical supervision.  

I hope you can be helped by Repatha if it’s the best medicine recommendation by your doctor. It’s very expensive and you must be prepared to inject yourself or be injected. Wishing you good health. 

Honored Contributor

My Heart dr wants me on it but my insurance won't cover it, so I've been waging war with them. Just got turned down but will start a new dispute with them--jerks!!! It would cost over $16,000 a year to pay on my own!!! Double jerks!!!!