Trusted Contributor

Hi, Has anyone order one from here?  I can go to other places, but wanted to use easy pays.

I'm short- 4'11",  I used to have one that the legs were pretty horizontal, that's what I'd like as close to that. Does anyoen have something close to that, they've bought here or anywhere?

plus if possible, 

a good seat

comfortable back

adjustable back/seat

Thanks

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

I'm 5'3"  I have this one from HSN

FitQuest Upright and Recumbent Bike with Resistance Bands

It's very comfortable

I also have the Cubi  that is under my work desk.  I work at home and use it 5 days a week. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I'm 5'3"  I have this one from HSN

FitQuest Upright and Recumbent Bike with Resistance Bands

It's very comfortable

I also have the Cubi  that is under my work desk.  I work at home and use it 5 days a week. 

Hi Mary Bailey!

love your name! Is there a George?

Love the hydrangea bush scene, one of my all time favorite movies, and scenes-

"this is a very interesting situation!" Cat LOL

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not on HSN.  I can't do uprights, but if they can convert very low I'd like the option to do both upright(just not for very long) and lower.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I have a Stamina recumbent bike from HSN.  My model is no longer available but this is similar.  I am somewhere between 5'2"-3"

Stamina Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike 1360

121-8274

Stamina Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike 1360

Honored Contributor

Re: Recumbent Bike

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

I have 2 recumbent bikes. One is a ProForm I bought from Sears about 20 years ago. My 2nd one is a True, top of the line model, which I bought about 2 years ago. My old ProForm I still use, but only for certain knee muscle supporting exercises, not for Cardio workouts.

My True model has all the latest gadgets, few of which I use. The important things to me are the seat comfort/ease of adjustability, along with the information I want relating to effort(Watts/Mets/RPM/Time and Distance. It has calories spent, which mean nothing to me, and a built in Heart Rate Receiver that works with my Chest Worn Polar Heart Rate Monitor.

This model also has a Mesh Backrest that also reclines. This feature changes the angle of your legs to pedals without adjusting the position of the seat itself. Expensive? Yes, but for me it is worth every penny. Without it I doubt I would have able to return to my love of ice skating, or my excellent level of physical fitness.

Since ice skating is very important to me, the recumbent comes very close to simulating the leg work needed to skate well, both powerful and fast. Neither of my 2 treadmills can do that for me. Cardio conditioning, yes, best for ice skating, no.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: Recumbent Bike

[ Edited ]

I'm on my recumbent bike from HSN now. I thought (based on the picture) it was a Stamina but it is a PRO-FORM and in reality was twice the price of the model I pictured.

Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2

John makes some good points about buying a bike. I work out a few times a week on a Nordic Track Commercial V21 Bike at a gym. This is perfect bike for my 5'8" frame.

IMO, go to a store and try out different bikes. You need to find the right product for you. 

Trusted Contributor

Everyone, thank you for your input.  All the info gave me a good starting point.  I though I'd take the info, call local stores to see if they carry the suggestions, go try them.  I was also hoping QVC carried option I need to get on easy pay.  I'll also ask about  some of them.

The last thing I want to do is get it home, set up, and realize my legs can't reach the pedal, or it will kill my back, or the seat be uncomfortable, etc.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

I have bought many exercise machines, and equipment. If they were used primarily to do with cardiovascular workouts, none were bought without using the models I chose. 

The 1st recumbent I bought was my old ProForm, which I tried out at Sears. Seat/seat adjustments/type of pedals along with the type of brakes used to adjust resistance. My newer True model was tried at the store from which I purchased it. It has more bells & whistles than I use, but most new models do.

My wish is you find one that fits your intended use for it. Many I know buy, sight unseen, and the machine ends up as another coat rack for them. Exercising for most is not something they look forward, or enjoy doing. That makes comfort even more important for machines used to increase one's oxygen uptake/Max Vo2.

hckynut(john)