Honored Contributor

Re: Recomendations On Tumeric Capsules

I am taking the same one from Amazon as Sillie Me is taking. Now 20% off if you have Prime. 

Honored Contributor

Just FYI---research turmeric if anyone is taking Tamoxifen--a breast cancer drug---they don't do well with each other---don't remember all the details.  

Respected Contributor

ALL my vitamins are from ANDREW LESSMAN.  I trust him completely.  I've been taking them for 30 years ....  and the results are obvious!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use this one that I get on Amazon.  (pic below)  Does anybody else notice that if you handle these capsules it turns your fingers and fingernails yellow?   I had to start using a disposable-type glove when I fill my vitamin thing and then, when it's time to take them, I empty them into a small thing and pour them into my mouth so I don't have to touch them and end up having to scrub my hand and nails.

BTW, I only take one cap a day.   A lot of times they just put the dosage way higher than it needs to be.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

Just FYI---research turmeric if anyone is taking Tamoxifen--a breast cancer drug---they don't do well with each other---don't remember all the details.  

Exactly. Please consult with your oncologist if you have a history of estrogen + Breast cancer and are taking meds for it. Tumeric reduces the efficacy of those drugs, leading to an increase of estrogens, possibly leading to another occurance of breast cancer. I am on Femara and I was told not to take tumeric or anything that had it as a componant. I was instructed not to even use it in my cooking.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown