Honored Contributor

Recall of some Kraft Singles American

[ Edited ]

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/kraft-heinz-issues-voluntary-rec...

IMG_3188.jpegIMG_3189.jpeg

"Products included in the recall include 16 oz. Kraft Singles American Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product with an individual package UPC of 0 2100061526 1 and a “Best When Used By” date of 10 JAN 24 through 27 JAN 24. Individual packages in this recall will contain an S and 72 in the Manufacturing code.

Also included in the recall are 3 lb. multipacks of Kraft Singles American Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product with a carton UPC of 0 2100060491 3 and a “Best When Used By” of 09 JAN 2024 through 13 JAN 2024 and 16 JAN 2024."quoted from FDA page for this recall. 

Kraft says that one of its wrapping machines malfunctioned and the problem has been fixed.

This recall has happened to me. 

The singles are individually wrapped and a part of the clear, individual wrapping plastic can adhere to a piece of the cheeese after you have removed most of it.  

I just peeled the bit of wrap off my cheese but someone might not notice the plastic there. It happened to me last month or the beginning of this month. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Recall of some Kraft Singles.

@Mindy D  Thank you for posting this.

Valued Contributor

What a waste of good food , just because someone can't take all of the wrappers off !  What next?  Someone didn't get it in their mouth ? It's crazy ! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recall of some Kraft Singles American

I believe the issue with the wrappers has always been there.  I can't believe we are recalling food because the wrapper may not completely be removed.  I don't buy this cheese but growing up it was always an issue.  The wrapper would often break and I would have to peel it off the cheese.  Is this so difficult for people?  SMH at this one.

Honored Contributor

The wrapper issue has probably always happened but no one made a big deal of it until now.  Having said that, it's not real cheese to me.  Why would I need shrink wrapped cheese?  I never bought it.  

Honored Contributor

@judianne wrote:

What a waste of good food , just because someone can't take all of the wrappers off !  What next?  Someone didn't get it in their mouth ? It's crazy ! 

@judianne @Kraft says that among the reports they received about this there were six people that choked or gagged because of the plastic. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you.  There's enough plastic in our diet already; I'm glad Kraft caught this.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I laughed when I heard this on the news.  I'm sorry but I can't imagine how one cannot/could not see a piece of plastic film covering still left on a slice of this stuff. 

Bottom line - stop buying this plastic way over processed product they call cheese. This stuff IS NOT real cheese by anyone's stretch of imagination.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Honestly, I laughed when I heard this on the news.  I'm sorry but I can't imagine how one cannot/could not see a piece of plastic film covering still left on a slice of this stuff. 

Well, if you are blind or seriously myopic ...

Honored Contributor

Just don't eat the processed cheese. There are so many different cheeses out there you can eat that taste so much better that are not processed?