Honored Contributor

Recall of Power Recliners from Ashley Furniture due to fire hazard

[ Edited ]

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/Ashley-Furniture-Industries-Recalls-Party-Time-Power-Loveseats-Sof...

1. Loveseats, sofas and recliners are included. Unplug immediately and see page above,IMG_1780.pngIMG_1781.png
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recall of Power Recliners from Ashley Furniture due to fire hazard

Wow, we were in Ashley last week looking at power couches.  We ended up buying one at Lazy Boy.  A much better sales experience at Lazy Boy.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Ashley was making cheap furniture when we bought our leather furniture 15 years ago. I could only imagine how they make it today. I wouldn't waste my money.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't buy a thing at Ashley.   My sister has been suing them for the past 5 years over a leather recliner that she not only bought a 5 yr warranty for, but Ashley refused to stand behind their product.   Long story real short:   She has spent more in her time and court proceedings where they never showed up, time and time again, adjournment after adjournment, and then COVID which closed the courthouses here.  And after my sister finally had them served by a Marshal, they still refused to respond.    She took them to court once again this year and finally won a $3000 judgment against them.   Really?    They have never responded to that and they have TWENTY, YES 20 YEARS, TO PAY IF EVER.   I work in the courthouse too, so my advice is don't ever try to deal with them.   We are at the point now of going to Nina Pineda of Seven on Your Side, which was my advice from the beginning.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Almost every furniture store sells Ashley furniture under different labels or sometimes it says Ashley on it. Am trying to find a new sofa and recliner and would like to spend less than $10k....seems impossible. I think everything except the sky-high quality brands, of which there are few now, comes off the same shipping container from China.  I see lots of it on the curb every month for trash pickup. Some of it looks new except for the broken frame. I admire your sister's resolve, but she will prob spend more money than she will ever recover from that company. I did the same thing with a flooring company that ripped me off big time...they have now changed their names and only use the initials....