Frequent Contributor

Re: Question for those who have had second vaccine

The nurse asked what side I sleep on. I sleep on my left mostly so I got it in my right arm.  Made sense to me

Trusted Contributor

I got the Moderna vaccine and had the first shot in my right arm and the second one in my left. The first shot made my right arm very sore for about a day, with some lingering minor soreness for a few more days...but that was the only side effect. The second shot made my left arm just a little sore for a few days...but I had other flu-like side effects that lasted about 24 hours including fever, chills, fatigue, aches and pains, a headache, and nausea.

My husband had both Moderna shots in his left arm and had no soreness with the first dose but some soreness with the second shot...but nothing too bad. He also had some of the other side effects like fever, chills, etc.after the second shot.

Respected Contributor

I went to a drive-through vaccination location. I got my 1st injection in my left arm just because I was driving and it seemed more convenient to get it in the arm nearest the window. my only post injection reaction was a bit of tenderness at the injection site.

I read that many people have more of a reaction to the 2nd injection and since I'm left handed I decided it might be better to get the 2nd injection in my right arm.

turns out, I had much less soreness after my 2nd injection, so it wouldn't have made any difference.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I got both shots in the right arm since I,m left handed.

No rhyme or reason to my decision.

Trusted Contributor

Same arm. First shot was barely perceptible. Expected the second to be the same, but there was a sore spot for about a week. Really, no big deal at all--no worse than a bruise that you don't know is there unless you touch it.

Respected Contributor

I'm right handed so I always get shots in my left arm. I just got my second shot on Saturday.  My arm was sore but pretty much like the 1st shot.

Honored Contributor

@Deblife wrote:

The nurse asked what side I sleep on. I sleep on my left mostly so I got it in my right arm.  Made sense to me

This makes sense to me too.

I kind of flop around so I need to think which side I start out on. I think I start out sleeping on my left...I'm going to start trying to keep track.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Both in the same arm. The second shot was a bit sorer for 3 days instead of over night, like the first shot, but no big deal.

Honored Contributor

@Wiskota 

I get all shots in my left arm, which included my 2 Pfizer shots and my monthly B-12 shots. Just my choice no medical reason.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I am a little scared about getting the vaccine.... I have A-fib & I had surgery for breast cancer back in 1992 .. I don’t know if the vaccine will bother me in any way ... I definitely will speak to my doctor before I get it ... I also want to get the J&J vaccine if & when I do decide to get it..... I figure “one & done” is better for me because I am a “chicken” 🙃