Respected Contributor

Re: Question About New Hearing Aids

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@esmeraldagooch  How do you like your Costco aides?  Did you get the Kirklands? One of our children needs them but can't afford what a private audiologist offers.  He's seriously considering the Kirklands from Costco, if they'll be suitable for his degree of loss (he has his appointment with the Costco audiologist next week).

Rexton Trax 42 for my hearing loss.  I had the option of the Kirkland hearing aids which I tested first.

Kirkland were tinny sounding and when you talked or the person you were talking to spoke they sounded robotic.

The Rexton sounded normal with all the additional sounds you had been missing brought back into your hearing range.   

I was missing almost all speech on TV shows because of back ground music.  Now I can hear the voices and can follow the shows.  I will be going back to have them turn the volume range down as the lowest is too loud.  I like I have choices using the App on my phone for different life situations or if I want a different range of sound.

My hearing aids with the free hearing test and 6 full months to decide if I will keep them was $2799.00 This also comes with the charger and two years insurance and replacement free for each hearing aid once per unit.  (most hearing aids have 45 days to decide if you keep them they said)  PS, I also liked these were rechageable and the batteries last a year.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @esmeraldagooch  That's a little over half of what mine cost through my audiologist (for a pair).  I'll pass the information along.  My son was hoping the Kirklands would suffice (he's a bargain shopper), but I'm going to suggest these, if they're appropriate for his loss.  It would definitely be worth the extra $$ to not have the tinniness and to include all the additional benefits you mentioned.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thanks @esmeraldagooch  That's a little over half of what mine cost through my audiologist (for a pair).  I'll pass the information along.  My son was hoping the Kirklands would suffice (he's a bargain shopper), but I'm going to suggest these, if they're appropriate for his loss.  It would definitely be worth the extra $$ to not have the tinniness and to include all the additional benefits you mentioned.  

They let me test them both in the store and the difference in sound quality was quite astounding.  I thought I would get the cheap ones too, but couldn't stand the robot sounds when a thousand dollars more would get real voices.  The Kirkland only go 4  days on a set of batteries and changing them out that often factor in with $$$$ too. There is no sales tax on them, I live in CA. Not sure about other states tax.

Respected Contributor

Before I got my hearing aids, my granddog was my ears.  He has big ones, too!!!  Now that I'm almost hearing too much, I feel sorry for him.  Dogs' hearing is wayyyyy more sensitive than humans'

be a good listener.jpg

Jasper

Respected Contributor

Jasper is a cutie.  We were using our new rescue Mr. Vito.  Dogs are the best, we just love our 4 legged friends.

image1 (15).JPG

Respected Contributor

I went to my audiologist and she showed me how to put my reading glasses and sunglasses right over my hearing aids.  It was so simple!  I was glad she showed me, because I didn't want to ruin them ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!).

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Jasper is a cutie.  We were using our new rescue Mr. Vito.  Dogs are the best, we just love our 4 legged friends.

image1 (15).JPG

Mr. Vito is just precious!  He looks like he's got a lot of energy!

Respected Contributor

Yes, and barks too.   Our other Jack Russell was very quite.