Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

While I am all for a natural course, there is a lot of information and, it can be confusing.

I haven't given up and agree that drugs are not always the way.

Thankfully, I don't HAVE to do anything other than try to take care of myself as best I can.

I admire your spirit of finding alternatives.

Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Be careful with Prolia! Once you get that shot, there's no going back with side effects. And the side effects are plentiful. It certainly isn't like a pill that you can stop taking when you get side effects. Once you stop taking the shot, any progress made goes bye-bye. I invested in a naturopathic physician, who with supplements, dietary changes, and exercise helped me to increase my density. 

My primary has the same condition that I have..I asked her if she takes Prolia?

She said no..that was enough for me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman @My SIL said once you get the shot if you don't get it on a regular,at basis it increases your chances of bone fractures. She told me about a website where she read all the complaints from people that had this shot. I will ask her for the info. She wishes she'd never gotten it. I think she was on Fosimax also. 

Trusted Contributor

Drugs dot com has excellent information and reviews on most drugs.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the negative comments on Prolia. It's been like a miracle drug for me! And absolutely ZERO side effects. I've been on these shots  twice per year for 2 or 3 years and plan to remain on Prolia for the rest of my life. I do have labs done every three months, which my Rheumatologist checks thoroughly. As long as my lab work is healthy and I feel so good, I'm very pleased with this medication for maintaining strong bones. (Remember the Foleo  built my strong bones for 18 months with daily injections. That was also a wonderous and amazing medical breakthrough for my broken back . . . without surgery.)  Find excellent physicians who will care for you. You will be fine if you  trust in their knowledge. I do.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

I don't understand the negative comments on Prolia. It's been like a miracle drug for me! And absolutely ZERO side effects. I've been on these shots  twice per year for 2 or 3 years and plan to remain on Prolia for the rest of my life. I do have labs done every three months, which my Rheumatologist checks thoroughly. As long as my lab work is healthy and I feel so good, I'm very pleased with this medication for maintaining strong bones. (Remember the Foleo  built my strong bones for 18 months with daily injections. That was also a wonderous and amazing medical breakthrough for my broken back . . . without surgery.)  Find excellent physicians who will care for you. You will be fine if you  trust in their knowledge. I do.

Why the negative comments? Because everyone is different and shouldn't be treated like 'one size fits all' like too many do/seem to be fine with.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes bone-densifying drugs do their job by making bones denser. But for some people denser bones doesn't eliminate the possibility of fracture and may even cause bones to become brittle which makes them at-risk for even more bone breakage. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady 

I'm so glad it has worked for you, but I don't share your optimism about my own reaction.  I don't do good with most medications and could not take Fosimax.

And, I don't have the confidence in the medical community that you seem to have.  Perhaps I've had doctors that weren't as good or caring as yours.  I don't fully trust ANY doctor to do what is best for me.

In any event, keep doing what is making you better!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Just in my quick research, this is what I am finding.  Not only that, the bone density test seems less than perfect.

Many years ago when I suffered migraines, I went through the clinical trials for Imitrex shots.  One of the worst side affects was death.  OK....then Cat LOL

Ultimately, I still tried the medicine and it worked.  I am thankful for medical research and doctors, but still want to question what is best for me.