Honored Contributor

I could do with all the shower requirements.  I would have a problem, however, putting on clean sheets every night for five nights, and having to do all the extra laundering that would be required.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

My husband had to shower the night before his surgery with a special soap. He had to pause his shower for five minutes to let the soap sit on his skin. Then he rinsed and slept on clean sheets. The morning of the surgery he took another shower with the special soap allowing it to sit on the skin for five minutes before rinsing. Then we were off to the hospital before dawn.

Same here. My husband had the same instructions. Nothing about the sheets every day. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you. I am a bit nervous.

Trusted Contributor

Exactly. The showering isn't the problem. It is having clean sheets 5 nights. It is hard for me to put sheets on anyway---put on one corner, then another one pops up, etc.

Valued Contributor

Re: Pre Admission Testing

[ Edited ]

That's comforting to hear, right?

Shower every night using probably the DIAL Orange Soap, is their norm and not only pray your surgery goes well but you also don't catch Mers.

If you're going to catch something , the hospital is the place!

Most people go into the hospital with that disease and aren't even aware of it.

I wish you well....

Valued Contributor

Then what is the hospitals problem with people catching diseases while there.

Valued Contributor

Gee, you could try being a tad more compassionate  in your tone.

Valued Contributor

Which is where these infections harbor.

Perhaps they should scour a bit better , especially with those who work there..

Honored Contributor

@On It   That's very close to the instructions I had for an April surgery.  The goal was to have only Covid-free, clean people in the prep rooms and operating arena,  I was happy to come through my whole revocery procedure without infection.

I really don't know if the extra precautions were the reason I did well, but I know an infection surgical wound is nothing you want to deal with.  From a 1966 surgery, I have a scar about 6"X 1.5".  And I was lucky one dose of a strong antibiotic worked.  

That abdominal scar hides  under clothes -  really happy I show no scar at all where my thyroid was removed!

In retrospect, I wonder if better advice before hospitalization could have prevented infection.  (

Respected Contributor

I haven't read all the posts on this topic, but I've had 15 surgeries and was NEVER told any special instructions with soap or timing of showers.  Sounds odd to me.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!