Honored Contributor

Looking at Collegen Peptide Powder--With Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C

I have noticed that VItal Proteins brand standard Collagen Powder comes "Original" with Hyaluronic Acid 80 mg. and Vitamin C 90 mg (costs more from Amazon) and not marked "Original" without the HA and Vit. C from Costco (costs less).  

Would the addition of those two things make a difference do you think?  Do you think either of these is a good brand to try?  You all are the experts!  I thanks for responses and appreciate your input on the subject.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking at Collegen Peptide Powder--With Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C

@Sooner  I take all 3 supplements - a collagen peptide grassfed + oral hylauronic + vitamin Cs - the Cs throughout the day, since we do not store that in our bodies. I supplement Cs as well as eat lots of C-laden fruits & vegetables, plus all that lemon in my teas.

Can I name specific benefits for the collagen? Yes, I take it for supple joints. Check! No problem there.

The hylauronic? Same thing - for joints, and my skin (anywhere) is never dry. (No need for body creams.)

Cs? I don't get sick. (PTL!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take a  hyaluronic acid ,supplement by it self,  has helped my knee.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner I can't tell if those two additional ingredients add anything, but I've had a monthly subscription to that product for a few years (directly from Vital Proteins).  I stopped it for a few months because I thought it wasn't doing anything but I noticed a difference so I re-started.  I add two scoops to my coffee every morning and it dissolves immediately with no taste.

I know there have been discussions on collagen peptides before so I'm sure others will have comments.  I know I've seen a bunch of other brands mentioned on the threads.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @lkat Thank you so much.  That is what I needed to know.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Sooner  I take all 3 supplements - a collagen peptide grassfed + oral hylauronic + vitamin Cs - the Cs throughout the day, since we do not store that in our bodies. I supplement Cs as well as eat lots of C-laden fruits & vegetables, plus all that lemon in my teas.

Can I name specific benefits for the collagen? Yes, I take it for supple joints. Check! No problem there.

The hylauronic? Same thing - for joints, and my skin (anywhere) is never dry. (No need for body creams.)

Cs? I don't get sick. (PTL!)

@Harpa Thanks a bunch.  What I needed to think about! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take them separately. For me it's more cost-effective to buy them that way and especially in the pure powder forms. Many times the capsules or the tablets contain other things like fillers. What I take is all 100% pure powder supps.

ETA-

I take hyaluronic acid for my eye floaters. The vitreous fluid inside the eyes is mostly HA+collagen and that decreases as you get older which can lead to getting floaters in some people, but not always. In my case the HA supp helps make my floaters less noticeable and easier to live with.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee  You mention that you have floaters. 

Just had vitrectomy in each of my eyes for floaters and they are gone!

Simple procedure (15 minutes per eye) done one month apart in Outpatient setting. 

My retinologist is fabulous!

Covered by insurance!

Honored Contributor

@Major Shopper wrote:

@SilleeMee  You mention that you have floaters. 

Just had vitrectomy in each of my eyes for floaters and they are gone!

Simple procedure (15 minutes per eye) done one month apart in Outpatient setting. 

My retinologist is fabulous!

Covered by insurance!

@Major Shopper 

That's great!  I'll keep that in mind when my floaters get bad enough to where I need to do something about them. Right now they are 'manageable' but you know how that can go.

Trusted Contributor

HSN has Lessman's Marine or Free Range Collagen Peptides as a TS. The presale is today and the actual TS is tomorrow. This is what I've taken for years, switching to the Free Range when it became available. I put 2 scoops in my morning coffee, no taste and      perfect mixing.

The combined Free Range and Marine variety is not included in the TS.