Esteemed Contributor

Been waiting for a couple weeks now for the diabetes drug, Lantus to be filled...doesn't seem to matter that my medicare supplement has approved it!!!...my doctor wants me to take another drug that has alot of side effects!!. My pharmacist agrees w/me...and wonders why she would want to change meds since I've never had any problems?? ... Left a msg this morning that my Lantus has expired...no feedback so far..! 

Update! My prescription has been called in...THANK GOD! My pharmacist said she'd never heard of this happening...and that she needed to be reported! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

@emmysmom - 

Praying you get the immediate assistance you need in having your RX filled. 🙏🏻 

Honored Contributor

butterflysendingprayers.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers needed

[ Edited ]

@emmysmom   It's been a while since I've been in the pharmacy but as long as she didn't write DAW on the prescription and the other medication can be a generic or brand substitute, you have the right to request the other brand or medication.   You don't need her okay. 

If she did do it as a DAW (which means 'dispense as written' no substitutions) then she needs to remove that or just prescribe what you want. I know there are not a whole lot of insulin options but if the other one is just a brand or generic substitute, you have the power and your pharmacist should let you know that.   

Having said that, be aware that any substitution is on you insurance wise.  If there is a price or coverage difference, that's going to be your responsibility to pick up.   Good Luck! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@emmysmom   It's been a while since I've been in the pharmacy but as long as she didn't write DAW on the prescription and the other medication can be a generic or brand substitute, you have the right to request the other brand or medication.   You don't need her okay. 

If she did do it as a DAW (which means 'dispense as written' no substitutions) then she needs to remove that or just prescribe what you want. I know there are not a whole lot of insulin options but if the other one is just a brand or generic substitute, you have the power and your pharmacist should let you know that.   

Having said that, be aware that any substitution is on you insurance wise.  If there is a price or coverage difference, that's going to be your responsibility to pick up.   Good Luck! 

Thanks for this,..good to know! Just talked to the pharmacy and my refills are ready! When I told the pharmacist what happened...she said she need's to be reported. She has never heard of anything like this before. I agree! The stress..I'm just so relieved. Love you girls...thanks again..prayer works!!!! Heart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Q-Anu wrote:

@emmysmom - 

Praying you get the immediate assistance you need in having your RX filled. 🙏🏻 

Thanks so much!!!!!!! Heart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

butterflysendingprayers.gif

Beautiful, thanks!!!!! Heart

-- Mae West