Trusted Contributor

PowerFit Elite Vibration Platform

Does anyone have any experience with a devise like this? Is it helpful for toning muscle? Thank you. 

Respected Contributor

Re: PowerFit Elite Vibration Platform

@KCDiva   I think some models will work, as I have a friend who wife has health issues and uses one (a very expensive one) and has had good results. 

Although they sold one a few months ago as a TSV for about $275 it is no longer showing online and I never saw any reviews.  Even if items are no longer available, I see many of them still on line with videos and ratings.

I would be a little suspicious because once again, there are no reviews.  Another thing that was discussed is if you have had hip/joint replacements or some other ailments, it was not recommended, but that was never talked about on any of the videos, so buyer beware. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I think there could be benefits from a vibration platform, but anyone interested needs to read the medical contraindications, that interestingly, I didn't hear mentioned in viewing last night. I never like to see these omissions. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DD developed medical issues while using one like this at a gym yrs ago.

Not this particular one.

Respected Contributor

After having 2 knee  surgeries last year including a repeat knee replacement I'm afraid it might shake my knee joint loose!  No way am I taking that chance Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Per the MAYO CLINIC WEBSITE:

Advocates say that as little as 15 minutes a day of whole-body vibration three times a week may aid weight loss, burn fat, improve flexibility, enhance blood flow, reduce muscle soreness after exercise, build strength and decrease the stress hormone cortisol.

But comprehensive research about whole-body vibration is lacking.

It's not yet clear if whole-body vibration provides the same range of health benefits as exercise you actively engage in, such as walking, biking or swimming.

Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 I was listenting to some of SB's TSV presentation last night.  She said this is the third vibration machine the Q has offered.  All three have been different models.  And the first two models sold out.  Yesterday, ShopHQ was also offering a vibration machine, and that one looked really nice.  Fitness instructor Chris Freytag was the guest, and she did a great job with her presentation and information about the machine.

Esteemed Contributor

I think of this as the “Vitamix”  for the body ..... all the body organs are getting blended 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

After having 2 knee  surgeries last year including a repeat knee replacement I'm afraid it might shake my knee joint loose!  No way am I taking that chance Woman LOL

@Goodie2shoes  You are exactly right!  I donated my two vibrations platforms  to goodwill after my joint replacements.  I did not want to take any chances, and hoped someone else would enjoy them as I had before my surgeries.