Regular Contributor

Potassium supplement capsules

Can anyone recommend one. Thank you so much
Honored Contributor

Re: Potassium supplement capsules

@Mom in NY   My doctor advised me not to take the potassium I need daily in capsule form as its unreliable.  Instead I eat either a banana or an orange.  There are other foods which are also high in potassium.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY What does your doctor recommend?

Honored Contributor

I had a prescription for a supplement because i was habitually low and when I ran out I bought the NOW brand.  Supplementation  was under my doctors's care because too much or too little Can lead health complications. 

Honored Contributor

Low sodium V8 Juice is very high in potassium. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your responses
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom in NY wrote:
Can anyone recommend one. Thank you so much

@Mom in NY   OTC a potassium supplements are usually next to nothing in comparison to what we need on a daily basis. We need roughly 4500 mg daily. A typical OTC supplement is usually 99 mg.  If you're low, your doctor of nurse practitioner can write a prescription.  My prescription is the equivalent of 1500 mg.  I make up the difference in dietary ways and I also drink a daily serving of electrolytes, from a powdered mix, which contains 1000 mg. of postassium.  The powder is called Keppi.  I have a subscription with Amazon.  Monitor yourself.  Correct levels of postassium are important for good heart function and blood pressure but too much is dangerous.  

Valued Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I read that potassium can help with dry mouth.  I bought Century Link Potassium Gluconate.  Super cheap!  Under $3 on iharb and inexpensive on amazon.  My saliva was flowing better the next day!  But the stunner was my arthritis pain disappeared!  Gone, all of it!  I ccouldd stop taking ibuprofen and aspirin.  I continue to take the tablets, three a day, 99 mg each. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for everyone's input. My serum level of potassium is normal. I just want to see if supplement can help arthritis
Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY I don't think it's wise to take this without consulting your doctor. Supplements can affect you or other meds you are taking in negative ways.