Esteemed Contributor

Please Pray For My DH🙏

This morning my DH went to his urologist for his yearly checkup. He was told that he had an elevated PSA. The doctor is sending him for a 4K blood test & an MRI.

We are absolutely freaking out.This has been a terrible year for us.Now this. The poor guy is falling apart.I'm trying to hide my fear. I've been running into the bathroom to cry. I'm terrified of losing him. I'm being very supportive but I'm crumbling inside.

Please pray for my husband. He's a wonderful man who's always been there for everybody. Thank you. 🙏

Respected Contributor

Re: Please Pray For My DH🙏

Try not to envision the worst...I know it's hard not to, but it could be something easily fixable.

🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  - I wish your husband the very best of good health. Please try to think positive, because if you run to the bathroom to cry, chances are he's going to be aware of it.

Enjoy every moment you share together, and good luck.

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

Sending Prayers

Trusted Contributor

sending prayers your way and his

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

I never like seeing anyone really worried about their spouse or SO. From mine and my wife's many health experiences, I really practice what I say to others. 

It's very obvious you are very worried about your husband, but do not jump to "losing him". Several good friends of mine have had prostate cancer, and while they were bad times, all of them are still living.

A few had it removed/others chemo, and several with radiation. Some in the medical field no longer consider prostate cancer a deadly form.

My thoughts are with you and your husband and I sincerely hope everything turns out for the best.

hckynut đźŹ’

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ -

I know that it is always concerning to hear of anything that might be cancer, but many men have had this, including my father and 20 years ago it is definitely not a terminal sentence.

They have targeted radioactive beads and many ways to kick this out out with no more recurrence.

So take heart and I hope it will all go as the very best for you and your husband!🙏🏼 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

Sending you best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

My husband had an elevated PSA a few years ago and it turned out to be nothing. He had his appendix removed a few months prior and had a catheter which caused an infection. The doctor gave him Cipro and it took care of his infection and his numbers have been fine ever since. Keep positive.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ Prayers for peace and strength to you and your dear husband.  Make the best decision after your husband receives diagnostics.  There have been advances in medicine with this particular cancer.  Go for treatment at the most advanced hospital available to you. Take a deep breath and one step at a time.