Honored Contributor

🍏Plant Based Success Stories🎉

There’s a Facebook Public Group called “McDougall Success Stories”.

Lots & lots & lots of stories where everyone has lost

so much weight & gotten healthier! Just by eating a plant diet,

low in fat, with lots of starches/grains/beans.

No pills, no potions, no supplements (ex: B12)...just real food

that’s easy on the wallet.

This is a current one.  

Her name is Esther & in two years, she’s gone from 257 (size 3x) to

149 (size 10/medium).  She has the cutest video on this page.  

So many others but I like the fact she’s older & still realized

she can make positive changes!  She’s been posting a lot recently

and her happiness/enthusiasm is inspiring.

Sometimes a picture/video is worth a 1000 words!

Hope this inspires!

🌼💛

2476828E-5A78-4D79-AD56-1B4214D28854.jpeg

377392B0-5FEA-47F8-8CCD-15A95F3CEE3A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: 🍏Plant Based Success Stories🎉

They need to be selling something....what is it?

Honored Contributor

A plant based medicine (Limbrel) is amazing!  My Dr recommended I try it for Fibromyalgia.

She said, "If it works it will probably take at least 4 to 6 weeks before you feel anything".

Well, I was willing to try anything as I was suffering terribly.  My daughter knew someone who had a terrible result from Lyrica, so she begged me to stop it.  I never had any trouble with it but it didn't help me at all.

I started taking the Limbrel every day.  After 2 weeks I realized I'd stopped aching and feeling tired (everything one feels with Fibromyalgia).  It was wonderful!  A few months went by.

Then when I called it in to get it filled a recording said it had been withdrawn from the public.  I was so upset I sent an email to the company.

About 1 month later I received an email from the company asking me if I'd be willing to appear at a meeting discussing the possibility of bringing back Limbrel.  They said they'd be willing to pay for my transportation and (if necessary) hotel accommodations.  They said representatives from the FDA would be there also.

Well, as it happened (recently) I wasn't able to attend even though it was only in Silver Spring, Maryland (not too far from me).

I haven't received any notification if the medicine has been put back on the market but it's on the list of things to do this coming week.

I think this is the way of the future!  I also think the pharmaceutical companies are not happy about this because it takes from them.  

But eventually, they'll get into this once they see how the public is interested in plant based healing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling

Um....good health?

Eat starches, grains, fruits/vegetables/greens, beans/nuts/seeds.

No animal or animal byproducts, no oils.

80% Carbohydrates, 10% Protein, 10% Fat

There...you have the whole program free of charge.

Honored Contributor

A diet with lots of starches, grains, beans would surely cause me to loose weight as it would have me in the bathroom all of the time!!  If you need a B-12 supplement then maybe not the best welll rounded diet.  Food might be easy on the wallet but not on the gut!  I cannot imagine all that starch/grains and beans are the best to eat.  Maybe ok if you can stomach that type of restrictive diet but I surely cannot be the only one that it would not be healthier for!! I would walk around like I was punched in the stomach with all that.

Valued Contributor

I had never heard of Plant Based until Sweet Serenity's post back in February.  I started researching everything she had suggested and jumped onboard.  I love this way of eating and have never felt better.  I was able to lose the weight that every diet failed to do for me in the past.  I have only had one (1) 'first day of my diet' days!  Thanks for reposting, as others could really benefit from this.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

I had never heard of Plant Based until Sweet Serenity's post back in February.  I started researching everything she had suggested and jumped onboard.  I love this way of eating and have never felt better.  I was able to lose the weight that every diet failed to do for me in the past.  I have only had one (1) 'first day of my diet' days!  Thanks for reposting, as others could really benefit from this.

@Beauty$Junkie

LOVE your success story!

I can’t get enough of these stories! And more importantly,

I love how the momentum continues for years/decades.

It’s a way of eating that just continues to make one better & better!

Valued Contributor

@sidsmom I took advantage of Prime Day and bought an Instant Pot.  My old stovetop pressure cooker finally died when the gasket cracked.

I was looking at Jill Nussinow's  Vegan Under Pressure cookbook and also O M Gee Good by Jill McKeever.

Both have loads of good reviews but I wondered if you have a preference for one over the other or a different recommendation.  Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Broccoli?  Sweet potatoes?  Chickpeas?

Honored Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

@sidsmom I took advantage of Prime Day and bought an Instant Pot.  My old stovetop pressure cooker finally died when the gasket cracked.

I was looking at Jill Nussinow's  Vegan Under Pressure cookbook and also O M Gee Good by Jill McKeever.

Both have loads of good reviews but I wondered if you have a preference for one over the other or a different recommendation.  Any thoughts?

@Oostende

I'm not @sidsmom but I just wanted to say that both Jills have lots of recipes online so you don't need to buy a book.