Respected Contributor

Re: Plant Based News 🍓🍇🍠🍎

I was wanting to do a stuffed Butternut Squash for Thanksgiving do you a good recipe?  TIA

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for mentioning making dishes in bulk and freezing for later--my favorite way to cook!  Yes, this WOE is substantially cheaper than the SAD with the exception of my green smoothies 😀.  

I tend to go in cycles with the sweets, but I'm trying to get back on the wagon @sidsmom !

I know a lot of recipes are online, but for some reason I prefer a book, so I ordered "The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook" which should arrive tomorrow.  I haven't been eating a lot of "recipes".  A frequent meal for me is a baked potato, broc and guac, and a smoothie or fruit. Hard to serve that to guests, so I am looking forward to trying more recipe type foods rather than just throwing together a starch, fruit, veg, etc.  If the book is good, I will order another for my daughter who is kicking my butt in being a purist in eating this way!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@JYWilliams wrote:

I was wanting to do a stuffed Butternut Squash for Thanksgiving do you a good recipe?  TIA

@JYWilliams 

Ooooo....that's fancy!

I don't have anything good like that (not a fancy cook) but I bet you

can take your tried & true recipe and 'Veganize' it. 
I just spent some time on Youtube in Jane a Esselstyn's channel

where she cooks w/ her mom...they stuffed a pumpkin.

Maybe it can serve some inspiration?

https://youtu.be/_exRiF-G_HI

Respected Contributor

sidsmom, That stuffed pumpkin sure did look good. I could use that recipe for stuffed squash. But I think I might use rice instead of bread. Thanks for posting the link.

Honored Contributor

@JYWilliams 

Aren't they the cutest?  Jane & her Mom...

And all those kids look exactly like their dad, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn.

So tall...and they're all very athletic, like he was in his youth

(he was an Olympic rower) and even today...he's 80-something

and still riding bicycles at a speedy pace. 

Respected Contributor

sidsmom, Well I did the stuffed butternut squash. I used rice, chopped spinach, chopped apple, chopped walnuts, & some chopped cranberries with a little seasoning. It tasted good.

Honored Contributor

@JYWilliams wrote:

sidsmom, Well I did the stuffed butternut squash. I used rice, chopped spinach, chopped apple, chopped walnuts, & some chopped cranberries with a little seasoning. It tasted good.

@JYWilliams 

Yes! Success!

Nice thing during this time of year, we have another chance to make it!

Honored Contributor

I just saw this....didn't know Mr. Rogers was vegetarian.

Aww.💚🌿

But Rogers knew that when we eat kinder, we are kinder.

It’s no wonder we’re desperate to conjure Rogers now more than ever.

Compassion and kindness have fallen out of fashion it seems, even as the gentler and kinder vegan diet becomes more mainstream.

But if we can learn anything from the Mr. Rogers revival, it’s all in that quintessential theme song,“it’s a beautiful day for a neighbor.”

No matter what species.

6C86F7CB-DEFD-4132-83EE-BE1EB1241A34.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks for mentioning making dishes in bulk and freezing for later--my favorite way to cook!  Yes, this WOE is substantially cheaper than the SAD with the exception of my green smoothies 😀.  

I tend to go in cycles with the sweets, but I'm trying to get back on the wagon @sidsmom !

I know a lot of recipes are online, but for some reason I prefer a book, so I ordered "The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook" which should arrive tomorrow.  I haven't been eating a lot of "recipes".  A frequent meal for me is a baked potato, broc and guac, and a smoothie or fruit. Hard to serve that to guests, so I am looking forward to trying more recipe type foods rather than just throwing together a starch, fruit, veg, etc.  If the book is good, I will order another for my daughter who is kicking my butt in being a purist in eating this way!  

@BExplorer 

This YouTuber is fresh on the scene, but her story is very relatable.

She doesn't have many videos but all of them are really informative. 

She has a new video out about Easy Weight Loss...but her mention

of meal prep is good to hear, even if you don't have weight to lose. 
Like the way she says, 'it's not about the skinny but it's for the health'.

Good reminder.

Hope you're doing well!💚🌿

https://youtu.be/n11YZXe2fLM

CADBAD17-8AE5-4C4B-AF79-76C7AD1FBD38.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@BExplorer 

This YouTuber is fresh on the scene, but her story is very relatable.

She doesn't have many videos but all of them are really informative. 

She has a new video out about Easy Weight Loss...but her mention

of meal prep is good to hear, even if you don't have weight to lose. 
Like the way she says, 'it's not about the skinny but it's for the health'.

Good reminder.

Hope you're doing well!💚🌿

https://youtu.be/n11YZXe2fLM

CADBAD17-8AE5-4C4B-AF79-76C7AD1FBD38.jpeg

Thanks @sidsmom , I will definitely check our her videos!  Repetition is absolutely key for me, to keep hearing the facts reinforced.  I know neither is 100% PB but I started a video last night of Mark Hyman (not my favorite in presentation) interviewing William Li on food as medicine.  I love to hear that information over and over again!  

I hope things are good in your world, too!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt