Honored Contributor

You can place pills inside a small ziploc, or other plastic type bag, and strike the pill(s) with something firm.

Esteemed Contributor

Adding to what @SilleeMee said - use a rolling pin and go back and forth. However, I would definitely find out first if they can be crushed. Usually time release anything should not be crushed. Call your doctor or pharmacist.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday, why don't you give your pharmacist a call and see if there's a liquid form available. Aleve has a coating on it to protect your stomach and control the release of medicine: it's a bad idea to crush it.

Another idea is to call your MD- but I would do that now because it's the weekend.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to echo the comments about talking with your pharmacist.   I think we sometimes forget what a valuable resource they are.   They know you, your history, meds, maybe even family history, and will be able to provide advice based on a "big picture."  They can be so helpful, and often they'll give us safe tips we can trust and wouldn't know otherwise.   I've kept you in my prayers, @ccassaday, and I''m sorry you're experiencing pain.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

This may seem weird but they do make Aleve liquid gels, could you somehow pierce them?  It is a good idea to ask your Dr or pharmacist, they should be able to help you

Pain relief with Aleve Liquid Gels (naproxen)

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday - how about a compounding pharmacy? You might need a doctor's note/script (or even if you Dr calls them), they will turn it into a liquid form which would be easier for you.