Super Contributor
On 3/2/2014 Milfy said:

Can one have relations with the pessary in? Does it help that?

My gyn. said with some types you can, but I don't think I would.

Silverandgold - I am so envious of your success with the pessary. If I could get one of them to work for me, my life would be a lot less stressful.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for answering my questions ladies, I wish us all luck. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2014 dsky said:

Thanks for answering my questions ladies, I wish us all luck. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

You are welcomed. Some of the things women have to endure are so unfair. Yes, luck to us all.

Super Contributor

For TennisCaptain3...don't know if you have heard of the Intone device. I just finished my second week of sessions, and hope to see improvements soon. I had the sling surgery about 4-5 years ago, and it did not help a bit. So my gyn suggested the Intone, and I ordered one and going to give it a shot. Go to their website if you are interested, Incontrolmedical.com The device must be okayed by your dr, and it is $800. But most insurances reimburse you. I haven't heard from my insurance co yet. If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. For one or both types of incontinence.

QVC is awesome to support this discussion. I am 63 had two small ..babies by vaginal delivery in my late 20s. When the gyn told me I had early prolapse I thought, what's that? It's awful. I just had a total DaVinci hysterectomy this past June. Had a porcine vaginal replacement. Everything was great for about 3 months. I stayed off my feet for a good six weeks, but now I am prolapsing from the front. I don't have incontinence, but the prolapse hurts internally like menstrual cramps. My gyn says Kegels will not help strengthen the lower torso girdle. Iam signed up for a tens device which may work. Nobody talks about prolapse, and it's a debilitating issue. I appreciate this forum. PS. I am trying some pessary alternatives until the tens device arrives. Pampered Chef makes rubber slightly conical shaped jar openers. I have had some luck covering the smaller one with olive oil and inserting it in with the cone side going in first. I know that seems crazy.
Honored Contributor
If anyone is carrying extra weight, that can contribute a lot to this problem.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This seems like a LOT of ongoing nuisance and trouble for what could be corrected with a minor surgical procedure.

Why not just take care of it and forget about ever having had the problem?

Respected Contributor
On 12/12/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

This seems like a LOT of ongoing nuisance and trouble for what could be corrected with a minor surgical procedure. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Why not just take care of it and forget about ever having had the problem? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

As many posters have mentioned, the surgery is NOT a minor surgical procedure and it isn't always successful and can leave one with other complications.

Frequent Contributor

What good timing to see this thread going about pessaries. I turned 60 this past August. Last week, after doing my afternoon housekeeping shift, I had a backache (common occurrence for me). Decided to take a shower to ease my aches and pains. That helped but as I left the shower, I felt a ball like sensation. Thought it was a uterine prolapse and went to the ER. Was sent home saying that wasn't in his pay grade to take care of. Told to see a gynocologist as soon as possible. I did. It turns out it was not my uterus but my bladder. Have had a mild leakage problem for years. Last baby 30 years ago was a big one!! Also I am on my feet for 8 hours with my job.

Doctor recommended surgery, however, my reasons for not wanting to do that include being off work for so long and then with my job it's hard on the back even more so when you haven't done it for 6 to 8 weeks. Been there done, that after I broke my wrist a few years ago. Don't need the extra large doctor bill added to the mix as I have enough debt already. Also don't know if the surgery will work. May have to use up all my sick days accumulated and maybe some vacation days. I cherish my vacation days. I call them my "sanity days." Must have a break every now and then. SO that's why surgery isn't the best option for me. I am trying the pessary (ring type). However my issue is I cannot remove it myself!! Just had it put in this week and go for my follow up next week. Had to call the doctor's office and say I could not remove it. Was told that's ok as some women physically cannot do it. As others here have stated that they go in for removal and cleaning,I will have to do this too. Would prefer for own peace of mind and cleanliness to do it daily however, I guess that's not possible.

I do not feel it inside and has not fallen out. Urgency has lessened as well. Haven't been to work tho with it in yet. Hoping all goes well. Glad there is this option. Worst part is the coming bill!! Can't get away from that. LOL