Valued Contributor

Pasta recommendation - Ancient grain ?

Can someone please recommend an alternative type of pasta, perhaps out of an ancient whole grain or bean, that has good pasta taste/texture which is similar to white flour pasta?

Looking to make better choices.  And, I know about zucchini noodles; but, I'm trying to find a pasta made out of whole ancient grain or beans.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Super Contributor

Re: Pasta recommendation - Ancient grain ?

Jovial brand makes good brown rice pasta. I especially like their angel hair pasta.   I have tried black bean pasta and it was not good.  I'm sorry, but I don't know of any ancient grain pasta that I enjoy.  Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine.  It tends to sell out at our local grocery store so I sometimes order it from Vitacost. 

Explore-Cuisine-Organic-Edamame-And-Mung-Bean-Fettucine-854183006027 (1).jpg

Valued Contributor

Banza chickpea pasta. We like it. I didn't tell my husband because he always complains when I make grain or whole wheat pasta. This time he didn't say a word. It's our secret. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

Spaghetti squash is great

Honored Contributor

I like to eat FARRO. It is a grain in the barley family. I cook and eat  it like rice. Has a nutty, slighlty sweet flavor. It is a low-gluten grain.

download.jpg

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee I really like farro as well. There are so many different ways to prepare it.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Farro is also made into pasta noodles and spaghetti....yum!Woman Happy