Honored Contributor

Yes, I recall Sarna. It was OTC, as I recall. Also, the pharmacist can recommend something that actually works to calm O/P's skin sensation(s).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor
Of course I have no idea what he's taking or for what, but sometime plain ole Benadryl can help with something like that and in low doses is pretty harmless. Of course you would have to check with his doc first. I have nerve pain so that's how I heard that Benadryl can help. The other drugs, lyrica, neurotin, etc., are pretty heavy hitters I would try to avoid if possible. I personally don't think a topical will help much but then again I have no idea what he's diagnosed with or taking. Sometimes MD's can be pretty casual about med side effects and not much help. Good luck.
Honored Contributor

I passed the Benadryl info to a friend who has similar symptoms. Thanks. It's worth a try, even if taking 1/2 tablet, just to see if it works.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Whatever topical you choose, be sure to check that the ingredients won't be harmful if they enter the bloodstream where his meds are.