Valued Contributor

what's the best way to do weight watchers?

For those who have done weight watchers, what do you think is the best way? There is a special pay monthly deal that I think includes extra stuff. They say it will connect to the fitbit too, TIA
Super Contributor

Re: what's the best way to do weight watchers?

I lost weight on WW and loved the program.

I paid a monthly fee and did most of it online - i.e., recording what I ate to make sure I didn't exceed my daily points.

Once a week, I went to weigh in and attend a meeting.

It's a great program and I never felt hungry.

I did it about 1 1/2 yrs ago and the cost was approx $34/month. I could attend as many meetings as I wanted but found that 1x/week with the weigh in worked for me.

Valued Contributor

I had great luck with WW as well. I always went to a local meeting but didn't always stay for the meeting. I think the threat of being weighed in at each meeting gives me that extra hmmgggffff to get going on the right track. And it doesn't break the bank. I lost well over 45 pounds and have kept most of it off now for over ten years. It is time for me to step up to the plate again and start eating the WW way.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I do the online program lost 9 pounds so far

Regular Contributor

My husband and I joined weight watchers 8 weeks ago. He's lost 30 pounds and I've lost 20. I love this program. We pay about $18.00 a month and do everything online, which includes two apps to use. One of the features of the app is "healthy checks" where you check off every time you complete the exercise or healthy food recommendations. I like this as it forces me to use my points on healthy eating.

Contributor

I had been doing the online only method and just couldn't seem to get motivated. I really didn't think I needed the meetings, so to save money I just enrolled in the online program. This summer, I did decide to add in the meeting to see if that helped, and truly, for me, I think I need the accountability of being weighed in front of someone. I really seem to get alot of motivation from the meeting, too.

My leader is really good for me. She emphasizes being in it for the long haul, and not just getting to a number. I have always been able to lose the weight, but then went back to my bad ways and gained it back..plus now that I am 56 I'm gaining more than I lost! I need to realize I need to be planning and tracking forever.

I have a friend who works for NutriSystem so I had tried that. It works but doesn't change any bad habits. Weight Watchers is really a program we can do forever.

My opinion is start now! I'm still losing weight even with all the temptation of Halloween candy and will be ok on Thursday because I'm already planning what I'll eat so I'll stay on track.

Good luck!

Shari

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone!