Esteemed Contributor

POLYP ON UTERIUS

[ Edited ]

My first biopsy on outer wall last week negative.  Did an ultrasound yesterday and finding was a polyp that is causing bleeding.  Procedure to biopsy that hopefully next week.

Anyone here familiar with this, not the procedure, but favorable outcomes.  I am in late 70,s and scared.   At least first biopsy was negative, some hope.  My Dr. says usually not cancerous.  Thank you in advance for answers.

Valued Contributor

I am going to have the same procedure done this coming Tuesday. will let you know the end results. If you are prone to bleeding after procedures, then i think it just needs to heal itself. i am prone to bleeding due to low platelett counts, so i am not sure if they will even do this in the office.  will find out when i get there. was it painful??  :/

Honored Contributor

During my 40's, I had 2 cervical polyps removed in the doctors office.   Both were found during my yearly exams, and were the size of pencil erasers.  They were benign growths, and removal was simple and painless.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PoLYP ON UTERIUS

[ Edited ]

The first was painful because I was not numbed.  Had one done 15 years ago and they numbed me felt nothing.  

This second procedure will be done again in office, but they are giving me meds before to calm me and I will insist on some kind of local.

Thank you so much for answering.   I,m hopeful.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a pretty large one removed under general anesthesia.  The recovery was easy, no problems, hardly any bleeding.  The report came back fine from pathology.  I was very thankful I was put under though. 

Super Contributor

I had a uterine poly(s) removed last year.  Mine was done under general anesthesia in a hospital.  No problems, a little uncomfortable initially but by next day, nothing.  Have been fine since.  I am 69 yrs. Old.  Good luck

Respected Contributor
I Had one removed last December that was causing bleeding also, as a hospital outpatient procedure, and they put me to sleep. I had no discomfort what so ever. Really the worst part for me was having to shower with the antibacterial soap and not being allowed to use any lotion, before going to the hospital. Everything was fine., biopsy was fine. No problems since, I am 64. My dr said the great majority of them are benign. Sending positive thoughts your way for easy procedure with no problems.
Trusted Contributor

As your doctor said most polyps are benign. I had a huge polyp on my cervix that was removed under general anesthesia in the hospital. They did a d&c at the same time and I had other polyps in my uterus. Everything was fine.