Contributor

Does anyone have these? Likes,dislikes. Need help deciding. Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

Can you please explain what over dentures are, thanks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

They are dentures ,that have a device that is inplanted in the gum to hold them in your mouth.. Some are removeable and some are not. This is my understanding!

Honored Contributor

Google "4 in 4."

They are very expensive. I would like them but not sure I can afford them.

The idea is that the dentures are fixed on implants so you never need to worry they will move while eating.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

Yes very expensive.  At least $10,000/$20,000 depending on how many you get.  I think $20,000. for full mouth.  They are very good.  I can't afford them myself or I would get them.

Respected Contributor

How are they different from dental implants? 

Honored Contributor

Never heard of them, but I would think having your own teeth maintained is superior to dentures of any kind.  JMO

Honored Contributor

I get ads from a dentist for dentures that use four implants to anchor the dentures.  His pitch on these dentures is that they are a non-surgical facelift.  Not sure I buy that:/

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Dental implants are something like $3-3500 per tooth. If you need a half denture or full denture, upper or lower, you could have a veeery expensive mouth full of implants.

With this, you might have 2, 3 or 4 implants that dentures attach to. Much, much less expensive.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Over dentures!

[ Edited ]

Thank you and I did not realize this is what I have, I had bad teeth from the get go, over zealous dentists that left my mouth full of root canals and and caps that did not hold.

In 2013 I found an amazing prostodentist who had his own practice and worked at a dental clinic at a local hospital. My implant work -- 4 on top and 2 on bottom was done at the clinic and all of the other work was done in his local office. The top 4 hold a permenant bridge and the bottom 2 hold a removable one. My teeth look amazing and I am thrilled with his work.

At the clinic the cost was a fraction of what it would of been thru a local dentist approx $800 per tooth as opposed to $2000-3000 plus.

The dentist is also a lovely caring man which helps my phobia.

@Moonchilde wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Dental implants are something like $3-3500 per tooth. If you need a half denture or full denture, upper or lower, you could have a veeery expensive mouth full of implants.

With this, you might have 2, 3 or 4 implants that dentures attach to. Much, much less expensive.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.