Esteemed Contributor

Prescription Recommendation

[ Edited ]

I received a coupon to fill a new prescription at a specific pharmacy AND get a $25 gift card.

I want the gift card.  Caveat: I am not on any prescription medications; only OTC allergy pills.

What prescription can I get when I am healthy?  It has to be for me.

ETA: This post went sideways with accusations of me participating in insurance fraud, looking for fake prescriptions, spending $600 for a $25 gift card, and being a financial disaster (from sidsmom, of all people). None of the above is true. I'm editing the first and last thread to show this.

I started the thread to get my wheels turning on what prescription items a healthy person can get. Trust me, I am very blessed that, at 48, I am healthy. I thank God for that every day.

That being said, mememe, Kat213, Laura14, RedTop gave me great suggestions for Vitamin D and allergy medicine.

I see my doctor once a year in April. My allergy symptoms that time of year are one thing. This time of year, they are different. I don't think about these symptoms in April. It's time for a change.

Also, in April, my vitamin D levels are low because I exercise inside during the winter. Again, something I do not think about throughout the year.

As for my copays, driving to the pharmacy, etc., I can call these prescription requests in because the conditions are not new. The pharmacy is close to wear I live. It would cost me $0 to get the prescription, and $0 to get it filled under the pharmacy's promotion. I would get a $25 gift card that's all profit. I will spend it on whatever I wish.

Hopefully, this will me the ignorant, judge-y people happy. If that were possible. And if you regret participating in this thread so much...don't!

DONE

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Re: Prescription Recommendation

@HonnyBrown wrote:

I received a coupon to fill a new prescription at a specific pharmacy AND get a $25 gift card.

I want the gift card.  Caveat: I am not on any prescription medications; only OTC allergy pills.

What prescription can I get when I am healthy?  It has to be for me.

@HonnyBrown

If any doctor writes a prescription for someone that does not need it?  Not a doctor I would patronize, and maybe against medical standards.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

That didn't answer my question.

If I wanted to get a fake prescription, I would not need to ask here.

Honored Contributor

If you are healthy then why did you get that coupon to begin with? Maybe you can use it for a friend/family member and get the gc that way...?? Otherwise why take something you don't need.

Respected Contributor

Any Rx for allergy eyedrops or vitamins such as Rx vit D3?

Regular Contributor

You could check with a clinic or doctor - maybe some sort of B12 or other "vitamin" type booster. Just be careful.  I know lots of people in my area who get B12 injections when they are feeling tired and run down but are otherwise healthy. Or you could ask for a prescription allergy medicine since you are taking OTC allergy pills already.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know how your health insurance works but this might end up costing you money to get that $25 gc...like any co-pays, co-ins...etc. It would cost me a co-pay of $35 just to see my doc to have a prescription written. Then there's the question of whether or not my insurance would pay for any part of the drug cost. Just sayin'.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you are healthy then why did you get that coupon to begin with? Maybe you can use it for a friend/family member and get the gc that way...?? Otherwise why take something you don't need.

Obviously, I got the offer because I don't use the pharmacy.

If you read my original post, you would see that I can only fill my own prescription.

Valued Contributor

@HonnyBrown, you've got to be kidding.  Good luck finding a honest, reputable doctor who will give you an Rx that you don't need.  I can't believe this post is real.

Honored Contributor

Have your Vitamin D level checked.  If it's low enough like mine was, my doctor gave me a prescription for a 5000 I think it was daily dose which was about $5-7 a month.