Honored Contributor
Confession time they say confession is good for the soul
I am having an issue with nighttime urination, going every 10 minutes of less, I just started a medication for it and Friday and Sat night were good, but I took valium to sleep, last night not so much I did not take the valium, I believe it is all anxiety the last three months have been very difficult for me
I had an emergency hip replacement 3 months ago and this is the result.
Prayers and lovely thoughts would be appreciated
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxoxI hope you are able to get this under control soon.  Your body needs sleep for so many things.....having it interrupted so many times a night is not good for you.  Sending good thoughts your way.

Valued Contributor
Super Contributor

@I am still oxox 🙏🏻💗 coming your way. Last night I was up 7 times. I feel for you. 

Honored Contributor

thank you all I am hoping I get some sleep tonight

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox.  If you have a urologist, call.  If not, contact your family doctor.  If an appointment isn't readily available, speak with a nurse.  You may have a urinary tract infection  that would cause the frequency you're experiencing.   They could order a lab test for a urinalysis with culture and sensitivity.   That would show if an infection is present and which antibiotic is best to cure it.

OTC meds could give you some relief, but, wouldn't tell you the cause of the frequency. 

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox - I will be praying for your comfort. You've been through surgery, which had to give you anxiety. I hope as time goes on you continue to recover and relax some. In the meantime I agree with others here that you should contact your doctor and let him know what's going on. (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

@grandma r 

Saw two doctots last week including a urologist so I am being treated, last night was an off night I hope 

@grandma r wrote:

@I am still oxox.  If you have a urologist, call.  If not, contact your family doctor.  If an appointment isn't readily available, speak with a nurse.  You may have a urinary tract infection  that would cause the frequency you're experiencing.   They could order a lab test for a urinalysis with culture and sensitivity.   That would show if an infection is present and which antibiotic is best to cure it.

OTC meds could give you some relief, but, wouldn't tell you the cause of the frequency. 

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Valued Contributor

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.  That has happened to me after my knee replacement and my hysterectomy.  It was a couple of weeks before I felt more I control.   I would certainly check with your doctor.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Re: Over active bladder

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

Overactive bladder for me was not the way my Urologist described my problem. Years ago it seemed like i needed to go every half hour or so, and it made no difference how much fluid I drank.

I went in and had a Cystoscopy and UroDynamic Tests run. The Uro deal lasted a long time using different catheters, and different ways of putting fluid into my bladder. It all was hooked up to a computer that measured "input/output/output time." One test they kept putting fluid in until I said "I can't hold it anymore".

After that I went to have the Cystoscopy which took about 10 minutes of looking in a scope inside the Urethra to the bladder(I guess).

The conclusion after all these tests? I have a small and overactive bladder. Guess it shrunk with age from what my Urologist told me. I still deal with this to a certain degree, but the time has lengthened over the years. Now it's more of a sudden urge(and I mean sudden emergency situation). 

That is my experience several years ago.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)