Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

It's easy to self diagnose - don't do that - think really  positive about it.  Let us know how your visit goes Tuesday - thinking good thoughts for you! 

Thank you @hoosieroriginal.  I know I shouldn't have looked it up. I waited several days before I did, and then I couldn't help myself.

@NickNack - I think reading these things without really knowing can send our minds reeling - let the doctor do his/her job - I know I get scared about medical things going on only to find out there is nothing to worry about.  Good luck - update us Tuesday. 

Respected Contributor

I had thyroid nodules that were monitored and weren't going anywhere. I had just decided that they weren't anything and kept praying. One day, after my follow up ultrasound they were just gone! Gone!  My endo was flabbergasted and asked me if I really understood what that meant. I got the impression from our conversation that day, that he was ready to do surgery and didn't like the way things were headed. I've had two follow ups. Still nothing there:-)

Positive thinking and and prayer is amazing!

Honored Contributor

That's amazing @Reba055.  I've never heard of thyroid nodules going away on their own.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Can you feel the nodule when you swallow? like when a vitamin doesnt go down all the way?  or did the doctor just randomly find it?

Trusted Contributor

Hoping all goes well. I had a complete thyroidectomy about 9 years ago. A few months ago, my PCP palpated my neck and felt something. He thinks it may just be scar tissue, but will check in again, next visit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nodule In Throat

[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal wrote:

Can you feel the nodule when you swallow? like when a vitamin doesnt go down all the way?  or did the doctor just randomly find it?

@CoastalGal   The doctor just randomly found it.  I can't feel it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Hoping all goes well. I had a complete thyroidectomy about 9 years ago. A few months ago, my PCP palpated my neck and felt something. He thinks it may just be scar tissue, but will check in again, next visit.

@Lacey1  I hope yours turns out to be nothing.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

You can't let yourself worry about it.  You just have to have it treated and then watched by your dentist or doctor. I pointed out my nodule to my dentist--for quite a white I could feel a little rough patch on my palate and thought it was a burn scar but then it got a bit larger so I had him examine it. In a few weeks, it was OFF at the oral surgeon's. Very easy, too. I don't remember any pain or discomfort during the quick procedure. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Campion.   My ultrasound is today.  I'm hoping that the person who does it will tell me it's just a cyst.  I know they're not supposed to say anything though.  My doctor usually gets back with me quickly.  I'm trying not to worry.  I'm actually not as worried as I was when I first posted this.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you NickNack and sending a prayer that all will be well!

I had RAI several years ago, but my thyroid nodules remain, sometimes slightly larger, sometimes slightly smaller.

I think some of us are more prone to lumpiness than others. I am