Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help with Andrew Lessman Secure flavors

@corita wrote:

But did anyone lose weight???  I bought some Secure years ago and hated the taste!  I threw the jar out after about ten or so tries....   

I am always 'almost' going to order again.  Andrew does make good selling points.  But then I remember that yucky chalky flavor.   Does anyone really like the taste of the different flavors???  I don't want to buy something I have to choke down.....

@corita I have had the chocolate and thought it was delicious. I know he said he has improved the taste over the years so it may be worth trying again.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I am a coffee drinker and prefer the Vanilla over the other two flavors offered in this TS.  I also agree that the Peanut Butter was excellent. 

Vanilla is the most versatile (and maybe a few less calories?)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jpie wrote:

I am a coffee drinker and prefer the Vanilla over the other two flavors offered in this TS.  I also agree that the Peanut Butter was excellent. 

Vanilla is the most versatile (and maybe a few less calories?)

I guess I'm in the minority because Vanilla is my least favorite of the 3 flavors, but I don't add fruit to it so maybe that's why (and adding fruit does add more calories).  If you want to add fruit, then yes, that would seem to be the most versatile. 

My favorite flavor is Coffee, but I am a coffee drinker and like the taste, so I don't know if a non coffee drinker would feel the same way.  I decided to get the TS in Coffee/Chocolate so I have some variety.  I do often mix unsweetened chocolate almond milk with the coffee, so now I can do a half scoop of each if I want.

I find the taste pretty good -- don't find it chalky.  Some people feel it's a little too sweet, but the unsweetened almond milk balances that out for me (if I don't use unsweetened chocolate I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk).  I also sometimes add some additional unflavored protein powder.

Trusted Contributor

Is this still super sweet?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

The last time I tried it, in 2014, it was still very sweet.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

it is still pretty sweet but i add a couple of heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt when i mix it up. this not only balances out the sweet but it also increases the protein and takes any chalkiness out.

Respected Contributor

Ladies make your own smoothies. His products have sugar in it. Youtube has tons of smoothies recipes not using chemicals or sugar. All of his items are not the best.I think he is very knowledgeable but read the ingredients in his products before you buy.

Honored Contributor

@Quantum wrote:

I would like to know your opinions of the TS flavors, especially the coffee.  I am not a coffee drinker, but I wondered if any other non-coffee-drinkers had tried the Secure flavor and liked it.  I know it sounds like a crazy question, but I always hear that coffee is good for you, and I wondered if this would be a way to drink it.  But I worry that I just won't like it.  I'm not even sure what liquid would be best to mix it with.  Maybe I should just try the vanilla & chocolate.  I would appreciate your opinions, please.  Thanks!

@Quantum  I ordered the chocolate, and I am not a chocoholic, but decided it would be the best flavor.  I put it in water, only sixty eight calories this way, and drink it several times a day.  It is working for me, lost a few pounds this week, probably by staying away from more caloric snacks such as nuts, etc.  I think it will help with weight loss and keeping energy up, also in maintaining weight after it is lost.  If I need something sweet this is it, or a few bars of Choconuvo(sp), first time I tried it last night, and it tastes great.