Esteemed Contributor

Need Padded Slipper - Need Help!

Hi Everyone,

My mule style slip-ons have bit the dust and I'm having a total knee on May 12th, so I need a new pair of slippers. My challenge is to accommodate the dropped bone in my left foot which causes me no end of pain, so I need a padded slipper.

I've already been all over Amazon and have not found what I believe to meet my need. Though I will admit I didn't reveiw every single slipper page.

If you've had experience with a nicely padded mule-type slipper, I'd appreciate brand and model so very much.

Thank you!

Rebecca

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Padded Slipper - Need Help!

Check out Haflinger- pricey but worth it. There are lots of styles of slippers AND shoes by this brand. I prefer onlineshoes.com, but they are not the only vendor of this brand.

Frequent Contributor

I LOVE LLBean's Women's Wick*d Good Clogs slipper. They weren't cheap but they last and last. (the star is an e) for some reason I got an error message that ""wick_d wasn't allowed on the forum"".

Occasional Contributor

Try www.footsmart.com -- many slippers (and shoes) specifically designed to support foot and lower body health, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of people with a variety of foot problems and/or atypically-sized feet.

Good luck with the surgery!

Esteemed Contributor

lolakimono, solitaregal and EttaPlace,

I'm taking your suggestions to heart and will be researching them until I come up with a solution and purchase. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to post regarding my need.

~Rebecca

Honored Contributor

Try to google a few words like knee replacement, best slippers for support. What you want are people who've been through it to see what worked for them.

Be prepared. Just like here, you are going to come up with many different kinds. You will have to sift through.

I'll try too.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why I didn't think of this. Why don't you ask the Dr and the person who will be responsible for helping you with physical theraphy.

That way you can ask questions and they will be able to recommend things based on your rugs, etc.

I think that is the best way. You are going to get many different ideas here. None of us know your situation (i.e. what your carpeting is like, how much do you have to maneuver around things, etc).

I know I didn't help much, but that's what I'd do.

Please let us know how you are doing and keep in touch during your recovery. I know none of us is physically together, but we do care about each other.

Trusted Contributor

A couple of months ago I developed tendonitis in my heel and needed to find a good slipper. In the past I've always worn Isotoners but my podiatrist said I need to wear something with heel support. I ordered some Daniel Green which used to be a great brand and they felt like cardboard. After looking everywhere I decided I would just wear my Propet Cafe Walkers as slippers. They're easy to slip on and give me needed support. Perhaps you could wear a slip on shoe instead of actual slippers?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Rebecca,

Just checking in to see how goes your slipper research.

I had originally thought of these Haflinger ones for you, because of the adjustability if you have swelling.

Haflinger Storm Paprika

I see that they are limited in sizing.

These might work too.

Haflinger AT Classic Hardsole Slipper Chocolate

Respected Contributor

I like Acorn slippers, they're nicely padded. Check Zappos for styles.