Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs Week Three!!!!

Living close to Green Bay, I'm sure there are a lot of sad fans. That was a game we should have won. Nevertheless, it was fun to watch and I wish the Seahawks well in the Super Bowl.

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for the Packers, they surely could have and should have won that game.

Packer fans can stand proud, great group of guys.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

GO PATS GO!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Well as a colts fan this is humiliating. I am so tired of being the red headed step child of NE. After a tough week personally i was really looking forward to this game. Then is was over before it started.
Super Contributor

CONGRATS PATS!

Esteemed Contributor

Bad, bad game! I don't understand why the Colts are always dominated by New England. The Colts played so well in the last two games, but looked like amateurs here. They just can't do anything against the Patriots.

Overall, though this has been a great year for the Colts! They weren't even expected to get this far; Denver was the favorite to get to the Championship game. Luck is on his way to becoming an elite quarterback-not there yet, but give him a few more years. The Colts have built an impressive defense (not counting today), and have some major play makers. There are going to be changes in the off season, which should be interesting.

I really don't care who wins the Superbowl. I don't like New England and am not fond of Seattle. I'll probably watch it just to see how the teams match up. Can Seattle's defense stop New England? It's going to be a big concern if Sherman is hurt.

It's been a long, disappointing day. Can't believe that Green Bay let that game just slip away. It's like they lost focus or something. Maybe things will look better tomorrow.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I really expected the Colts to hang in there better against the Patriots. There is some talk that the Patriots deflated the footballs to affect Andrew Luck's passing and apparently one or more footballs were weighed and confiscated by the officials, but even with deflated footballs the Colts could have/should have put up more of a fight. And before people say both teams played with the same balls, if you know in advance that you'll be playing with under-inflated balls you can practice with them all week to get a feel for them while the other team will come in unprepared. I'm not sure if that happened or not, but it will only add to the legend of Bill Belichick if it did.

Belichick is a coach who will deserve to be a first ballot hall of fame inductee, but I really wonder if the writers will give him the votes given his history of questionable ethics and disinterest in the press. That vote will be interesting to watch when he becomes eligible. I've got a feeling he won't get the votes for a few years despite his record clearly indicating he deserves to be there. They'll say "He had Tom Brady and it was Brady who won the games" and make other excuses for not voting for him, but it'll be Belichick's personality and ethics that will likely cost him early entry into the HOF. He's not a very likable guy.

So we have the Super Bowl match-up. It'll be the Seahawks versus the Patriots. With the game on neutral turf and the league in charge of prep there won't be any chance for tampering with the balls/equipment. (Not that anyone would try to gain an unfair advantage. Ha! Ha!) With two weeks off before the game, expect Belichick to roll out some wholesale changes for the Pats. When the Eagles played them in the Super Bowl the Patriots switched from their normal 4-3 defense to a 3-4 for the game. This led to early chaos for the Eagles as the defense they'd prepared to face wasn't there. Expect something similar this time around. They'll spend these two weeks coming up with new looks designed to throw off Seattle. Seattle will have to be prepared for anything and everything. It should be a good game. I'm not sure who I'm favoring just yet. It's hard to bet against that Seattle defense though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Sorry Colts fans. It's very disappointing when your team doesn't make a good showing, but then it's heartbreaking to lose by 6 points. I don't know which is easiest to get over - losing by a blow out, or losing to a nail biter.

so here we go with a Seattle/NE Super Bowl. Congrat to both teams.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, yellowrose! Seattle has gone Super Bowl crazy. It's all anyone can talk about! It feels good to have something positive to focus on for a while Smiley Happy Green Bay played very well and deserves great respect for playing such a great game. Pats fans.....we'll meet you in Arizona!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/18/2015 yellowrose said:

My hearts go out to the Packer fans. After my Cowboys loss I felt like a zombie for a few days, then once I snapped out of that, the deep disappointment set in. So I can imagine what the fans are feeling. I don't know what #68's name is, but gosh I feel so sorry for him having to live with missing that onside kick. But GB just didn't do enough to keep the lead and Seattle didn't give up. Congrat to Seattle.

I see the Dallas/Detroit game has been mentioned again and I'm biting my tongue, or rather my fingers not to say anything. Just have to let it go. Hey, "let it go"....isn't that a song? LOL

Hope all my fellow Texans enjoyed this beautiful perfect weather we had today.

I totally agree and as a Huge Dallas Fan I feel it will never be forgotten. But somehow I'm glad the way the boys lost as oppose to how GB lost yesterday. Had the boys lost on a lead, that would be all over the papers and news this morning.