Honored Contributor

My experience going to the Life Line Screening

Yesterday DH and I went to have some tests done with the lIfe line screening outfit.  We went to a local location by our home.  They had it all set up  with stations for different tests... chairs for waiting  and a check in desk.

Everyone who worked there that I came into contact with was very nice and polite.  It took about an hour from check in to complete. It was not fancy or anything... but it was just fine. We each had four tests done  for $149.00 each . They of course offer more tests  and you can purchase them and have them done  that day if you choose. I paid in advance on line when I set the appointment up.  I believe they also had walk ins as well, but, you may need to wait longer without an appointment. 

They will send the results back in about 2 weeks in the mail.   I am curious to see the results. 

When I read the reviews online they had bad ones with the good.    I am glad I did not decide not to go based on reviews by some people.  I guess there are always going to be bad  reviews..... I felt it was a very positive experience and would recommend it to anyone..

I will let you know the results when I get them for the arterial plaque in the neck and the AAA test. 

Honored Contributor

Re: My experience going to the Life Line Screening

I would love to hear the followup.  I am always tempted to go do this near me.  Good to know it's not a horrible experience upfront.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SeaMaiden  I've been tempted to do this also even though we have insurance. I don't want to hear about needless checkups, injections, xrays, and surgeries from Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross.  I would like the information without the pressure of medical intervention.  Please let us know if you think they were through and professional in their test results. We also do the glucose test at Sam's for free...always positive results for both of us, which I would expect due to our lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

You mentioned you paid OOP.  Why didn't your health insurance cover it?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have used Life Line Screening several times before. Where I have had it done, it was very good, thorough and each person was given privacy at each place where you have something tested. Sometimes they use the hall of a church, or a community center, and one time it was in a banquet room at a hotel.

The follow-up written report is very thorough too. I always give it to my doctor at our yearly appointment. He said it lets him know if there is anything he should be having additional tests on.

The one I always have done includes checking the heart, bone density, etc.

If you have had it done at least one time, then each year they contact you to have it done again. I find that if I wait for several of their emails/regular mail notices, that the price always comes down. I have had it go as low as $99 for the following year by ignoring the first few attempts to get me to schedule it.

Esteemed Contributor

Like @World Traveler, we get Life Line Screening every few years and give the results to our doctor.  The staff is very nice and the wait time it usually not too long.  Our doctor always tells us that we could have the same tests done for free, but none would be done on the same day at within such a short time frame.  We don't want to spend several months and lots of wait time trying to get these tests done.  As long as we can still afford them, this is the way we will go for the basic screenings.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SeaMaiden

You mentioned you paid OOP.  Why didn't your health insurance cover it?

@Mz iMac  

Some tests like for  for the plaque in your neck usually will not be covered unless your doctor feels it necessary.  Many of the tests are covered by medical insurance...so I opted out for those( blood tests etc).  My doctor never offered to have  the tests done   That I opted in for.. like the AAA test......   

They also offer to do  your  wellness checks for Medicare if you are on Medicare. They  have  a nurse Practitioner on staff to do those.   Several people there were having that done.  I feel the costs for most of the tests  were reasonable. 

And for someone that say has no insurance, nice that they can have important tests done that they might not do otherwise. 

You can go to their website and read up on all the tests and the costs.  You can call them and opt out of any tests you do not want and just have done what you want. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the follow up @SeaMaiden.

I remember you posting when you were just considering this. I'm glad you had a positive experience at your site.

I first did have a positive, and years later a very negative experience, with them wasting time pressuring me to have additional tests, until it was too late in the day to begin my scheduled test. I'd wasted hours with them, and got nothing for it. Never went back.

Honored Contributor

I thought they did CT surveys or is that something else?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I thought they did CT surveys or is that something else?

@DiAnne   not quite sure what you are asking... CT surveys? Please clarify. Thanks!