Valued Contributor

Re: My daughter who has chronic Lyme Disease

@LilacTree, wasn't she sick at all when she first contracted Lyme's? That would be a big problem. It's bad where I live. A niece, 2 nephews a GD, and 2 dogs in my family have all had Lyme's over the last 10-12 yrs or so.

The humans were feeling very sick and had the rash. They were all very young at the time, under 10. All were treated with doxy and have only minor or no residual effects. Maybe age is related to how well people recover or even show initial symptoms?

Neither dog appeared to be sick. Their infections were discovered through the routine blood work during their yearly check-ups. Both were treated with 3 wks of doxy and were fine.

Maybe docs should add a Lyme's screen to routine blood work, all the vets in the area do. (I live in a high incidence area).

Think about that...seems the dogs get a better health screening than the humans do.

Good luck with getting her healthy.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree
Maybe someday they will be more willing to "think outside the box."
I have gone back to that book time and again.
Long time past, I belonged to a forum with IgG deficient people. We had a lot in common.
Keep up the good fight, although sometimes we need to rest ❤
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LilacTree

RE U.T.I.'s-

Please look into D-Mannose for yourself-

Image result for d mannose

@LilacTree

I just wanted to repost this from @lolakimono since she so kindly entered the picture of the D-Mannose since it's being discussed in the other thread.   

I so want there to be help and hope for you with everything you've been going through.  I have been feeling a tug at my heart as I've followed your experiences and have often prayed for you. You are an amazing woman.  Love and hugs to you.   

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree--Sorry to just be getting back.  The drs. name was Martin Mulders and the website is (3w)lymenetdotorg.

That's the dr that helped haddon's dh.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@LilacTree--Sorry to just be getting back.  The drs. name was Martin Mulders and the website is (3w)lymenetdotorg.

That's the dr that helped haddon's dh.

@Lucky Charm

Thanks so much Lucky.  I gave this information to my daughter and she's going to look him up.  We never know where good things can come from, do we.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@garmer wrote:

@LilacTree, wasn't she sick at all when she first contracted Lyme's? That would be a big problem. It's bad where I live. A niece, 2 nephews a GD, and 2 dogs in my family have all had Lyme's over the last 10-12 yrs or so.

The humans were feeling very sick and had the rash. They were all very young at the time, under 10. All were treated with doxy and have only minor or no residual effects. Maybe age is related to how well people recover or even show initial symptoms?

Neither dog appeared to be sick. Their infections were discovered through the routine blood work during their yearly check-ups. Both were treated with 3 wks of doxy and were fine.

Maybe docs should add a Lyme's screen to routine blood work, all the vets in the area do. (I live in a high incidence area).

Think about that...seems the dogs get a better health screening than the humans do.

Good luck with getting her healthy.

@garmer

This goes back to her high school years.  One of the friends had a little cabana in his back yard and they often sat around the back which was all woods, lit a fire, played music, and probably smoked pot (lol, I am guessing).  She thinks that's how long ago she was bitten, but she didn't ever show the symptoms of Lyme.  However her tests show Lyme . . . it's there, it just hid itself for years (which it can do).  Maybe she thought she had the flu and I did too . . . we'll never know.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

My daughter went to her old PCP two weeks ago.  It had been several years since she had seen him.  She expected the same old runaround from him about chronic Lyme not being a disease.  To her surprise, it was exactly the opposite.  He told her he strongly believed her and was very supportive of everything she described to him regarding her symptoms. 

He asked her if she was willing to try something with him.  She did it this past Tuesday.  It was a two-hour IV infusion.  What was in the IV were vitamins and various supplements . . . no meds.  She came home very encouraged because she immediately felt stronger and less symptomatic.  She is going to go weekly to see what this treatment can do for her.

Imagine that she was helped by her PCP?  The last doctor in the world she would have gone to?  Her sisters had convinced her to try, as she had always liked him.  He said this would not likely completely cure her, but that it would keep the symptoms away for as long as she continued the treatment.  Believe me, that is good enough for her, if it works.  We are all very hopeful, it is the most encouraging news she has had for many years. 

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I was so happy to see your post this morning and that your daughter has some hopes of feeling better. Such great news!!  I am happy for you too, Lilac Tree. I know how much this must mean to you.  It means a lot to those of us here and it just warmed my heart this morning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@garmer, my dog gets a shot annually for lyme disease.  I mentioned this to my neighbor who is a dr. and said what you did ... they treat dogs better than people for this disease.  She just looked at me and said they are trying it on dogs first... I had no answer for that one.  LM

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

My daughter went to her old PCP two weeks ago.  It had been several years since she had seen him.  She expected the same old runaround from him about chronic Lyme not being a disease.  To her surprise, it was exactly the opposite.  He told her he strongly believed her and was very supportive of everything she described to him regarding her symptoms. 

He asked her if she was willing to try something with him.  She did it this past Tuesday.  It was a two-hour IV infusion.  What was in the IV were vitamins and various supplements . . . no meds.  She came home very encouraged because she immediately felt stronger and less symptomatic.  She is going to go weekly to see what this treatment can do for her.

Imagine that she was helped by her PCP?  The last doctor in the world she would have gone to?  Her sisters had convinced her to try, as she had always liked him.  He said this would not likely completely cure her, but that it would keep the symptoms away for as long as she continued the treatment.  Believe me, that is good enough for her, if it works.  We are all very hopeful, it is the most encouraging news she has had for many years. 

@LilacTree...

I just saw your post. 

I am so happy that your daughter is feeling more optimistic!!!  How wonderful! You and your other daughter's must be so relieved. 

I recevied IV treatments about 5 years ago in an naturopaths office, (he had midwife/ RN on staff who was licesned to adminster IV therapy). However, they were admisintered in a 20 minute interval. I had an adverse reaction after each treatment because I feel my body was unable to process them that quickly and effectively.  Since then, I have been asking (begging)  various doctors here in CT to refer me to a practitoner who would administer them to me in a "slow drip" as I feel they would help me (as they are doing for your daughter).  I am currently malnourished from variuos auto-immune diseases which led to "SIBO' and an inablilty for my body to absorb nurtirients.  I have yet to find a doctor who can help me, as it seems no one seems to be able to direct me to someone in my area for these type of treatements. I am beginning to feel that I am "running out of time" as my weight is now under 85 lbs.  I understand an  IV isn't the "answer" to healing the "core" of my medical problems, nor will it cure the SIBO, but  I feel it would help me to regain strength and have improved quality of life until hopefully, I  become strong enough to tolerate other treatments directed at "core healing".., etc. 

If your daugther (the one who works in the medical field)  or ANYONE here who is reading this post knows of a facility in my area who is licensed to administer "slow , all natural IV nutrition drips" I would greatly appreciate the information.

I live in North Haven, CT...(20 minutes North of New Haven, CT)..The home of Yale University and Yale New Haven Hospital.  Go figure???...I live 20 minutes from one of the top medical facilities in the country and I cant find help??? I believe it's actually "hurting me"because the treatments I need are considered "uncoventional"..and this goes against the highly conventional medicial practices used in my  area. 

Many Thanks....

Wishing you the best...

In Peace, Love, and Blessings...

BohemianGal