Occasional Visitor

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the My Safe Medical Alert Pendant?  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried Googling it?

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I think it's irrelevant who does the mfg or where this is manufactured. Have you read the reviews and the many problems with its design and functionality?

It does not have a GPS in it, so when it is pressed and makes contact with a 911 dispatcher, it cannot identify to location of the person needing help. If they cannot speak loudly and clearly enough, if they are choking, or don't know quite where they are, or can't speak after pressing for help, they can't be found. 

In order to test it, it must make an actual call to 911. That means occupying a dispatcher's time to make sure it makes contact and audio works both ways. I think that's a poor waste of an agent's time, like a false 911 call, and needlessly occupies a channel to them while you ask questions to confirm a connection. That might have to be tested from various locations to ensure consistent quality. How many times are you willing to call 911 just to test it? Also, in some areas it is illegal to call 911 unless it is an actual emergency. Find out about that beforehand.

The housing of the device requires a plastic case or cover to ensure it is waterproof. The cover is supplied. The cover is reviewed as difficult to remove, because the purpose is to keep the thing waterproof. In an emergency, do you think you could always be sure to be coordinated enough to remove the cover before engaging the button?  Plus, the call button must be held down to make the 911 call, not just pressed once. Will a person in need have the wit and diligence to hold down the button after removing the waterproof case?

Read the reviews and the facts about this item and it will be irrelevant who makes it. Or buy at your own risk--yes, your life may depend on it!