Honored Contributor

Re: My First Cataract Surgery Tomorrow

Oh, you are so brave @pattypeep!  I think I would freak out knowing I was going to get a shot in my eye.  No nausea or anything afterwards?  Watch the video of my surgery?  Hmmm?  Not sure about that either, lol.

Well, I'm so glad that so far, things are as they should be.  You typed to us here so that says a lot.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Keep in touch if you feel up to it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep ~ so happy to hear all went well and is good with you!

Our imagination tends to blow things out of proportion when fear and anxiety take over.  It is said that most of the time, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.  Once again, glad you're doing so well.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep, great to hear things went well.  Best wishes for a speedy return to normal!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  You are so cute ! Heart I'm not gonna lie, I was freaking out about a shot in the eye; however, I trusted my brother (God rest his soul) because he told me it wasn't bad at all. There is another Dr. in our county that "knocks you out" to do this, but I just didn't want to go that route. My dh is pretty squimish, but I talked him into watching the video last night and he was fascinated as well, though he wasn't about to watch it live. LOL. He will need surgery in the near future probably, so it was good for him to see how it goes.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

Please don't worry ! I just had cataract surgery without anything but drops in my eye and I am a BIG chicken ! It was easy peasy  ! You don't see anything coming at you and you don't feel anything. There is absolutely no pain.the drops they put in your eyes might sting a very little bit.they did in one eye but not the other. I did also have laser surgery. I can see great and it only took a day or two.i promise it's no big deal at all. After its over your going to laugh at yourself for worrying.

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep  I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread.  Just today I bravely made my appointment for an evaluation with the eye doc that does cataract surgery in my city.  I knew my cataracts were starting several years ago, and by now they are becoming more of a problem, especially in bright sunlight (not that we get a lot of that in NE Ohio!).  Like you, I'm nervous and I hate to go through any procedure, but reading this entire thread is helping me mentally prepare!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde  Good for you for making your appointment. My cataract grew so slowly over time that I didn't realize how "blind" I was until after it was removed. The Dr. told me the next day that it was "huge". What??? Anyway, the worst part of the whole deal is that I can't wear eye makeup for a week. LOL ~  I am anxious for the second eye now. Good luck to you and I will keep positive thoughts on your behalf. Please let us know how it goes. God bless. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep  Thanks for the encouragement!  I seriously don't know if the world is ready for me without eye makeup!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Ok, @pattypeep, no eye makeup??  That's a deal breaker right there, lol.  I've been wearing eye makeup since I was thirteen.

Good luck to you, @2blonde whenever you decide to have your surgery done.  I'm sure all will be well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep

So glad to hear that all went well for you and that you were at ease during your cataract surgery.

(Mine, scheduled for tomorrow, has been re-scheduled, as I got the latest bug going around and have quite a cough and laryngitis. Darn.)