Honored Contributor

Metal Flakes Found In Childrens Vitamins

[ Edited ]

From Facebook

Sooo we found some sharp metal flakes in the bottom of Milani’s chewable multivitamin bottle. The metal flakes were even embedded in the surface area of some of the vitamins 😭 There’s 55 servings in a bottle and she’s had about 50 so who knows how many metal flakes she ingested 😪 Her pediatrician told us to take her to the ER so here we are, waiting for xrays right now. Say a prayer for my princess! 💜

UPDATE: Xrays revealed that she has metal in her intestines. Now we have to watch for bloody stools, pain or fever. I bought the vitamins online from Target so I reached out to them. The doc also told us to contact the FDA so we did that immediately. I contacted Zarbees as well. The Zarbees rep apologized and offered to mail some coupons to my house...😑😤🙄

Please check your children’s containers and share my post!

Interview and Article:
https://fox4kc.com/…/overland-park-mom-says-she-found-meta…/

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Metal Flakes Vitamin Bottle

They are going to have a fun visit from the FDA.  

If it truly is flakes, I am sure the metal will eventually be excreted like most waste products are.    I would think if they are visible to the naked eye, they can't go anywhere or be absorbed by the intestines.  Like the coin money babies and toddlers swallow, this too shall pass.