Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy   How very unfortunate it is even after so many safety rules are in place, that still there are those who think they're above the law and cannot, do not choose to play by the rules.

The state or governing group also shuts down such dispensaries and revokes their licenses.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

As far as smoking vs. edibles, is it possible there are differences in the two methods?

I.E., is one superior in, let's say timing of the MM to take effect, or even levels achieved each way?

Just speculating, as it's two different ways of injesting a substance (stomach vs, lungs).

@denisemb 

From what I have read online it says it gets in your system faster by vaping.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Here in PA, MM is now allowed.  They do not allow any that can be smoked or consumed. You can't get high from it.

Right  now our governor is looking at legalizing recreational  marijuana.  I can't believe it.  It took YEARS to get the MM legalized.  

It's happening now  because there is alot of money to be made off this commodity which has alot of lobbyist's wining and dining our politicians .  They don't give a hoot abt people's health and how many will develop lung cancer  just as they  developed lung cancer from cigarettes . 

That's exactly right.  It is about the money.  Just like gambling issues were.  All we will gain is a bunch more impaired people out on the roads. 

I don't even know how this happened.  True medical issues are not handled like this.  It's a ruse. 

And just wait, now Philadelphia is clearing the way to open supervised injection sites where people will be able to shot up drugs. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been contemplating buying CBD products (not MM at this point) - one of the things I read in my research is that the tincture under the tongue starts to work faster, but the edibles keep the benefits going through your system longer because it is being digested.

Maybe that holds true for smoked v. edible MM?

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I've been contemplating buying CBD products (not MM at this point) - one of the things I read in my research is that the tincture under the tongue starts to work faster, but the edibles keep the benefits going through your system longer because it is being digested.

Maybe that holds true for smoked v. edible MM?

@PilatesLover 

I found this info online.

For CBD edibles to take effect, they need to enter your bloodstream. If you ingest CBD orally, then it will have to go through your digestive system and pass your gut. Then it will be metabolized by the liver to when it eventually sends the active CBD compound to your bloodstream.

This method is among the slower acting and will take approximately 20 minutes to an hour to reach your bloodstream and take effect. To achieve quicker results in this process, you should take CBD on an empty stomach.

Between 30-50% of CBD is absorbed by the body when it is vaped. In contrast, if you administer CBD sublingually your body would absorb approximately 25% of CBD and only around 5-15% if it is orally consumed.

If you are looking for a prolonged effect lasting 3-5 hours, it would be advised to consume edibles or apply CBD topically. Although when applied topically, it only impacts the area it is applied to and not the rest of your body.

It’s important to remember that your method of administration directly correlates to how soon the cannabidiol leaves your system. If you feel the effects faster, it means your way of administration is processed by your body quicker and will leave your body sooner.

This means that edibles leave your body much later as opposed to vaporizing or sublingual administration.