Super Contributor

Re: May Never Get Another Flu Shot

After exhaustive research I'm done making big pharma bigger. Not enough testing. Impure ingredients. Like Covid...never again

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm feeling much better today.  Finally got some sleep and the diarrhea has stopped. I can see we all have our reasons for what we believe.

Because it's been three days for DH, his friend, others, and now me and it has followed that 3 day pattern for all of us...I think that's what makes me lean toward it being the shot now. My swelling on my arm is a lot better today, too.  Everyone gave me something to think about and I appreciated all the responses.      

Honored Contributor

Certainly an uncommon reaction. I'd be inclined to decline the senior dose as I've heard more and more bad things about them.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Certainly an uncommon reaction. I'd be inclined to decline the senior dose as I've heard more and more bad things about them.

@AuntG Yes, "If" I ever do get another flu shot , my inclination would be the same as yours. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had  2 doses of the senior type in the last 2 years, and had no problems, the first time, I had no soreness at all in my arm, this last one was very minor soreness.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant    i had a flu shot last week at my Dr's office at the same time as a Prevnar 20 shot.

i was so sick for 2 days. fever, aches, bad stomach pain.  so sleepy.. no appetite. just soup...and weak tea.

The nurse did not say it was a Senior Flu vaxx.   in my case  Maybe  Flu shot plus Prevnar could be a bad combination.     Prevnar has some side effects too.

ED. to add: looked on my medical profile, i received   Fluzone High-Dose Quad 2023-24 

Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent is indicated for use in persons 65 years of age and older. 

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/fluzone-high-dose-side-effects.html#serious-side-effects

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline wrote:

@jubilant    i had a flu shot last week at my Dr's office at the same time as a Prevnar 20 shot.

i was so sick for 2 days. fever, aches, bad stomach pain.  so sleepy.. no appetite. just soup...and weak tea.

The nurse did not say it was a Senior Flu vaxx.   in my case  Maybe  Flu shot plus Prevnar could be a bad combination.     Prevnar has some side effects too.

ED. to add: looked on my medical profile, i received   Fluzone High-Dose Quad 2023-24 

Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent is indicated for use in persons 65 years of age and older. 

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/fluzone-high-dose-side-effects.html#serious-side-effects

@CatsyCline Very Interesting. Thanks for the post!

Regular Contributor

I received the senior flu shot and didn't have any problems except a sore arm.

I did, however, develop Raynaud's syndrome in 2021 two weeks after my 2nd Moderna covid shot and have been dealing with it ever since.

I will never, ever get another covid shot.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you and your husband went through this.  I didn't have anything besides a sore arm for a couple days and sort of sniffles.  However, a few weeks later we got the rsv shot and coincidentally or not we both got sick.  Headache, weak, sick to stomach, and the ills (I won't list here) that usually go along with stomach problems.  This lasted for a day or so for DH, but I was not well for about 3 days.  Don't know if it was from this or just a coincidence???? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@hick wrote:

I received the senior flu shot and didn't have any problems except a sore arm.

I did, however, develop Raynaud's syndrome in 2021 two weeks after my 2nd Moderna covid shot and have been dealing with it ever since.

I will never, ever get another covid shot.

@hick  Sorry to hear this. I don't blame how you feel.  These things are hard decisions for some of us....especially if we have had bad reactions to several other medications. Seems like we are d...ed if we do and d...ed we don't.