Honored Contributor

Re: Mask at the Gas Station?

Whenever my husband gets gas & when he travels, yes he wears a mask and cleans the handle of the gas pump.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

In our state, you must wear a mask indoors and outdoors IFyou can't distance six feet or more However, there are many people who regularly wear masks outdoors. Keep in mind, we don't know what their health conditions are and how susceptible they are to illnesses.  Maybe they are not feeling well (not Covid) and don't want to infect anyone else.  Wearing a mask can hlep protect me from you and you from me.  

Here in New Jersey, we wear a mask to protect the gas station attendant and ourselves.

"JERZGIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS "😂

(I hope we never have too either!!!)

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

My husband fills my cars for me and doesn't wear a mask.  If he has to go inside for some reason, of course he wears one.  He sanitizes his hands before getting back in.  We have a pump hand sanitizer in every car door.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, mask and gloves.  You never know who was just there before you!!

Super Contributor

You never know what struggles peopke are dealing with in their life....

Maybe they were coming from Cancer Radiation treatment...or Chemo

Maybe they care for an at risk person

Maybe they work in a nursing home....and are thinking of YOU when they are outside so as not to infect...

Maybe they struggle with mental issues, and his is their coping mechanism...

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I put it on when I get out of the car.  I don't bother to look around and see if someone is nearby.  

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs I do not wear a mask when I go for gas unless I need to go inside.  Outside I am socially idstanced already and I'm not going to be in place for 15 minutes.   The way I understand the science/CDC recommendations, I am not endangering anyone else or myself this way.

On the other hand, I would not walk into any public place without my mask even long enough to mail a letter!

Esteemed Contributor

We are required to when outside or inside.  Before the smoke, I could walk without one since there were few people and everyone is so good about swerving away.

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

In our state, you must wear a mask indoors and outdoors IFyou can't distance six feet or more However, there are many people who regularly wear masks outdoors. Keep in mind, we don't know what their health conditions are and how susceptible they are to illnesses.  Maybe they are not feeling well (not Covid) and don't want to infect anyone else.  Wearing a mask can hlep protect me from you and you from me.  

Here in New Jersey, we wear a mask to protect the gas station attendant and ourselves.

"JERZGIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS "😂

(I hope we never have too either!!!)

We have both here in NY, but I always go to the one with an attendant.  It's one of the luxuries I afford myself.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

No!  If I am outside I never wear a mask.