Esteemed Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

I think I might try the bodygym. Marie's husband (Steve Craig was the one she divorced because he cheated on her). Now she taunts him as the best. I am really confused as to why she would remarry him!!!! I only partially believe what she says because she gets paid for her endorsements(i.e. Nutri-System).

Super Contributor

I have exercised at home for years- Joanie Greggans, Richard Simmons ( when he had his own show), Kathy Smith, The Firm, Leslie Sansone. I liked the idea of this bar because the exercises are on the bar, so you don't have to watch a DVD. I can listen to Music Choice, my go bible or watch tv.

Super Contributor

This BodyGym looks awesome!! I'm ordering it for those days when I don't have time to go to the gym.

Question for those who already ordered it… Do the stickers of the exercises on the bar already come on the bar or do you have to put them on yourself? When QVC shows the table of what you're getting, it looks like the stickers are on a piece of paper but thought they had said it comes like that already on it. Just wondering. Thanks for the info if you can help.

Marie Osmond looks fabulous!! One would never guess she's in her 50's! She also doesn't seem like she has a bad bone in her body. Marie is BEAUTIFUL inside and out!

Honored Contributor

TrailBlazer05, the stickers are separate. I received my BodyGym today. I think I will really enjoy using it. The resistrance is very good and should provide a good workout. Perfect for home and portable to take with you anywhere. I also agree about Marie. She looks great, seems to care about people, and I find her to be very genuine. I don't think you'll tegret ordering one......Helen
~H~
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Helen47 said: TrailBlazer05, the stickers are separate. I received my BodyGym today. I think I will really enjoy using it. The resistrance is very good and should provide a good workout. Perfect for home and portable to take with you anywhere. I also agree about Marie. She looks great, seems to care about people, and I find her to be very genuine. I don't think you'll tegret ordering one......Helen

Thanks so much Helen47 for answering my question. I was hoping the stickers would already be on the bar. I'm always afraid with things like that; I'll mess it up and then it will look wonky with no way to fix it Lol. It's like you only get one shot at it haha….. I'm all about symmetry and hate things looking the slightest bit crooked. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm glad to hear you recommend the BodyGym. I cannot wait to get mine now.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 vcc said:

This bar is exactly like Greer Childers bar that was also by Body Flex with the picture instructions on the bar itself. The only difference is in the foot holders on the band. Just pulled mine out of the closet. lol

I'm pretty sure they must have bought the patent for this from the original one Greer Childers sold and then made some modifications. I have the original Greer one and pulled mine out of the closet, too. You know, this is really a good weight bearing workout and I'm glad I held onto mine!

Trusted Contributor

On 6/8/2014 bc5689 said:

I am sad to read the negative comments about Marie. I have been an Osmond fan since the early 70's. I have been fortunate enough to meet Marie and the rest of the family several times over the years. Let me tell you something first hand -- they are NOT phony, very sincere and kind people. If you don't want to watch her, simply don't, there is no need to bash her. She is a beautiful person on the outside, but even more so on the inside. If she chooses to get involved in business ventures you are not interested in, that's fine. I don't buy everything she sells myself. She does get involved in products that she really believes in, and I was looking for something for toning so I got the Body Bar. I think if alot of us were in her shoes and really believed in something, we would do the same. She remarried her first husband, and they are very happy, God bless them both! I guess I don't understand why someone would watch if they didn't like her and then spend time on her being nasty.

bc...

I totally agree and very well stated on your part. I met the Osmonds years ago and they are the kindest and most respectful people. Marie is just like she is on TV. I actually found Donny to be a bit more shy in person. All the brothers are gracious and sincere. I don't know why there is all the bashing, but that is the new world of social media when people remain annonymous. Marie was not happy in her 2nd marriage and from what I've heard her say, he was unkind to her and her children as time went on. Steve helped her through that time and when her dear son commited suicide. She's a success through all of these trials because she pulled herself up and carried on and always has a kind word to say to help others cope. Having the #1 show in Vegas makes anyone a success, especially after 50 years in the business.

I have done strength training with dumbbells for years. I have great arms and core. This bar works because it has resistence levels and is versatile to work all muscle groups. It's not going to add bulk like a machine or dumbbells, but it will tone. I only know Tony Little from his infomercials. His bar is probably good too. I like the BodyGym because it's easy to transport and lightweight. I tried using the P90X resistence band and I hate it. The one they send you when you bought it from QVC is not flexible enough for people who aren't body builders.

Thanks Marie... for talking to us 50 year olds who understand women's issues.

Respected Contributor

On 6/5/2014 DogLvr said:

Firstly, I love Marie Osmond. I remember watching her show when I was a teenager or maybe in my early twenties.

However, this is just another way for her to make money.

I am happy if she is happy in her personal life. She has gone through a lot with her son's death. I remember when someone asked her which of her children are biological and which are adopted. I loved her answer. "There are so many of them, I can't keep track." I thought that was a great way to not answer the question and move on.

However, ladies, I am going to say it. Ms. Osmond not only has had her lips plumped up but has had lots of work on her face....and probably on her body.

And I am sure she thanks each and every one of you for helping her pay for these procedures. So don't let me stop you from buying this portable gym. LOL!

Paper Roses. Paper Roses. Oh how real those roses seem to be.
But they're only imitation. Like your imitation love for me

No need to get personal ... just stick to the product.

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the Tony Little bar presentation on the HSN website. It is a nice product, but the demonstrations are way too fast. Resistence training should be slow and controlled moves. Jerking in a fast pace too much doesn't allow the resistence to work as well and can lead to injury. I'm sure Tony knows what he's doing, but I found that presentation too fast to follow and emulate correctly. Hopefully, the DVD's aren't that quick paced.

I think it's all in what you like. I think they both work well to tone the body.

I will say in Tony's presentation, most of the demonstrators are fitness pros. I like in Marie's that it shows that the non-fitness guru can do it and get results.

Trusted Contributor

Just yesterday my Dr said I have to somehow figure out how to get resistance training into my day. I have osteoporosis, and my bone density test results were terrible. Resistance is needed for me.

I don't want fractured bones, so for the price of this bar, I will give it a try.

$39.(and change) is a good price.

What made me a bit peeved was almost $9 for s & h! NINE dollars? There is no justification for that high price, but I bit the bullet and bought it.

I think the shipping was cheaper on the Humidifier they had as the TSV! Crazy, crazy QVC!

I think Marie is a very genuine woman, and I admire how she has managed the ups and downs of life. Celebrity or not, she is human just like us all and her life has not been perfect. But she keeps on going.

Just the grueling schedule of her and Donny's show schedule, and keeping up with her family is admirable in my eyes. To get through her sons death and keep on singing is a strength I would not have for sure.

She looks great! She is in the public eye and is on stage many nights a week; for her to have work done doesn't matter to me.